Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Jeff
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The lights still light up when i press lock/unlock on the remote, but the right brake light doesn't shine when the brake pedal is depressed. I tried switching the left and right bulb and the right brake light is still not working. I also tried braking on cruise contorl and it cancels still. I also checked fuse 13 (20A) under the hood and its good.

I did tap into the cubby light to do footwell and cupholder leds. would this mess up the right brake wiring somehow?

I also have no idea how long the right one hasn't been working. My friend just told me yesterday when she was followin me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
yeah i have the same problem with my left break light but when i turn my headlights on all 3 lights work so if anyone can help me out would be nice

·
Jeff
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i have the same problem with my left break light but when i turn my headlights on all 3 lights work so if anyone can help me out would be nice
the bulb is dual filament or something, so your left one might be burned out on one filament. i just replaced my brake light, its bulb size 7440, got it at pepboys

·
Registered
5 Posts
after the replacement its working fine now? cause it works when i lock/unlock my car and it also lights up when i have my headlights on do you think i should still replace the bulb?

·
Jeff
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
after the replacement its working fine now? cause it works when i lock/unlock my car and it also lights up when i have my headlights on do you think i should still replace the bulb?
they both work for me now. you can test out if the left bulb is out by switching it with the right; that's what i did to confirm that my bulb was out.

i think one filament is for lighting up when braking, and the other filament is for lighting up when unlock/locking.

·
long-term build
2,761 Posts
that sucks.

I use the unlocking to see if they're burnt out.
guess that method is out the window, lol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts