Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unfortunately, two problems developed in my car this past weekend...When I play music, my right front speaker plays music at an extremely low volume unless you turn the balance all the way to the right and then you will be able to hear it just a little. Sometimes, for a few seconds, it will work at its full potential again but usually it does not. What could I do to fix this?

Also, my physical trunk switch above the license plates just stopped working. It is not due to the switch in the glove box. Any idea how I can fix that too?

Thanks. :bowdown:

·
Registered
312 Posts
I have the same speaker issue on the passenger side door.. when you turn balance front right only the tweater is working and sometimes the woofer will go on and off while playing, but its usually off.

Any help would be appreciated

·
GO BLUE!
884 Posts
Maybe a fuse/connection problem? It sounds like all the problems are coming from the front right side so maybe they share the same power supply??

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My problem has gotten worse :X Most of the time the output level on my right speakers are so low that I can barely hear anything coming out of them. Any advice on how to fix this? And how much would it cost to take it to the dealer do you think?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I think I kind of fixed my problem although I'm not completely sure yet. I have an aux cable plugged in to my center console and I guess it was just loose or something so I plugged tried pushing it in and turning it a bit and my right side speakers came back. Though I only drove for about 30min after that, so I don't know if the problem still persists, but give it a try if you have an aux cable plugged in!

·
Registered
3 Posts
So I think I kind of fixed my problem although I'm not completely sure yet. I have an aux cable plugged in to my center console and I guess it was just loose or something so I plugged tried pushing it in and turning it a bit and my right side speakers came back. Though I only drove for about 30min after that, so I don't know if the problem still persists, but give it a try if you have an aux cable plugged in!
Sounds like your aux cord or either aux port is bad. Change out the cord.

·
Registered
'05 TSX Auto
29 Posts
In case it helps anyone in the future, I've seen some Hondas where the connector to the speaker, in the door, has corroded.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts