Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As much I am trying to avoid scratching my rims it seems like it doesnt take much to scratch them on a curb. Does anybody have the same experience. I am one of those people that like to park so close to the curb that you cant even put a blade between the tire and concrete just because i am paranoid about ome moron scratchig my side door while passing by. :D

·
Registered
954 Posts
netoperek said:
As much I am trying to avoid scratching my rims it seems like it doesnt take much to scratch them on a curb. Does anybody have the same experience. I am one of those people that like to park so close to the curb that you cant even put a blade between the tire and concrete just because i am paranoid about ome moron scratchig my side door while passing by. :D
You don't really need to be that close to the curb. Do you honestly think that 4 extra inches will save your car from getting sideswiped? Heck... the side mirror sticks out farther than that.

Anyway, some tire manufacturers make tires that have sidewalls with extra rubber to help prevent that. I know for sure Firestone/Bridgestone does it.

Otherwise, get some curb feelers... :)

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
does not matter to me I am going to be upgrading to a different tire + wheel package this summer.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
tsxclub said:
does not matter to me I am going to be upgrading to a different tire + wheel package this summer.
Dude, where the hell do you get the money for all your toys??? I cant even afford a nice lunch at work, i want money too!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

·
Just a little nutty
664 Posts
I also get paranoid about parking as close to the curbs as I can.

For me, I found that I do better by sliding into a parking spot semi-decently and backing up my car closer and closer to the curb keeping my eye on the side mirror. Easier to see exactly where your wheels are going but you have to have a lot of space in front to do this.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
netoperek said:
Dude, where the hell do you get the money for all your toys??? I cant even afford a nice lunch at work, i want money too!!!!!!!!!!:eek:
see that is the only problem "I am going to be upgrading" lol no money at this time.. Might have some then.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts