Acura TSX Forum banner
21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
i used this one Another BBK option - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums, whoever this guy is, he makes them, that what i used.

http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/tsx-classifieds/60168-acura-rl-advics-4-piston-caliper-bbk.html this picture shows the bracket.

uses 19mm bolts and washers.

also used 2005 350Z Brembo Style Rotor.
That bracket looks like it interferes with the other bolt on the bracket. How deep does the bolt thread into the bracket?

Those links bring up my next question. What are the brake pad options aside from oem and auto zone replacement?
EBC
SP Performance
Stop Tech
SS BC
Endless

·
Registered
856 Posts
Shame Project Mu doesn't make a pad, B-Force are so butter.

·
Registered
874 Posts
That bracket looks like it interferes with the other bolt on the bracket. How deep does the bolt thread into the bracket?

EBC
SP Performance
Stop Tech
SS BC
Endless
doesn't interfere. everything was smooth. i used auto zone pads. people really like EBC redstuff, but to me a pad is a pad, for 40$ with lifetime warranty, ill take that. it does what i need it to do, i don't track the car,its a DD. I'm not doing 120 and slamming my brakes.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hey goforbroke,

Great write up! How have the NAPA rotors held up? Any noise issues with the pads?

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I actually haven't been running the BBK, I still need to source a set of TL wheels or Type-S wheels. I've come across a few sets but they were beat.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
I swapped to the RL setup about 50k miles ago. I am still running the blank 350z Brembo rotors I got from autozone. I have cut them twice and will probably look into changing to a two piece front once they wear past spec.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
No complaints though.

For the record, I am about as hard on the brakes as a tsx owner who does not race can be.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I swapped to the RL setup about 50k miles ago. I am still running the blank 350z Brembo rotors I got from autozone. I have cut them twice and will probably look into changing to a two piece front once they wear past spec.
Thanks jvillefinest. I'm curious on your rotors' dimensions. Would you happen to have a part number? Maybe they're these? http://www.autozone.com/brakes-and-traction-control/brake-rotor-front/duralast-brake-rotor-front/nissan-datsun/350z/2006/6-cylinders-a-3-5l-sfi-dohc/232335_172993_2708_24432/

I wanna run the NAPA rotors that goforbroke (seemingly successfully) installed, but I was surprised to find out he hasn't actually run the BBK yet, which worries me. I'm finding a lot of people having issues running the 12.8" rotors. Some people having cold start squeals, some having the rotors not fit whatsoever because 30mm is too thick for the calipers, and some having noisy brakes when braking hard.

I'm really excited about this project, but I don't want to do it wrong. There's so much (mis)information out there. I want to run the 12.8" rotors but it seems like most peoples' remedy to their issues is to simily run a 06+ non-brembo 350z rotor (12.6").

·
My car whines
637 Posts
I'm going to be doing this swap too and all the inconsistent information regarding the 12.8" rotors is driving me crazy too... Won't be able to find out whether I can run the larger rotors until the weather warms up.

It seems like people who use the fastbrakes and ffc brackets run into this issue. Haven't really seen anyone who uses Paul's brackets have this problem but he doesn't make the brackets anymore.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I'm going to be doing this swap too and all the inconsistent information regarding the 12.8" rotors is driving me crazy too... Won't be able to find out whether I can run the larger rotors until the weather warms up.

It seems like people who use the fastbrakes and ffc brackets run into this issue. Haven't really seen anyone who uses Paul's brackets have this problem but he doesn't make the brackets anymore.
Yeah... I mean worst thing is that we find out the 12.8s don't work and we need to downsize to 12.6. Ideally I'd like to run 12.8" rotors though. I won't be able to try until about May or so though. Snow lasted up until around that time last year :(

Let us know how you proceed and how it went!

·
My car whines
637 Posts
Yeah... I mean worst thing is that we find out the 12.8s don't work and we need to downsize to 12.6. Ideally I'd like to run 12.8" rotors though. I won't be able to try until about May or so though. Snow lasted up until around that time last year :(

Let us know how you proceed and how it went!
Honestly, i'm almost certain i'm gonna have to use the 12.6" rotors. I looked over CL9_Coop's pictures of the brembo blanks that were used and the numbers "10910" stood out to me. I google'd it and they appear to be 12.6" rotors. I originally thought that 12.8" rotors were used along with the FFC brackets but it now appears to be not the case.

http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/tsx-b...ps-build-thread-04-cgp-6mt-3.html#post1276226

It really is strange that some people are able to use the 12.8" rotors. I mean the only explanation is that there is slight variation of tolerances in the spindles or the calipers themselves. Either way, I will post up my results when I get around to doing this swap.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Honestly, i'm almost certain i'm gonna have to use the 12.6" rotors. I looked over CL9_Coop's pictures of the brembo blanks that were used and the numbers "10910" stood out to me. I google'd it and they appear to be 12.6" rotors. I originally thought that 12.8" rotors were used along with the FFC brackets but it now appears to be not the case.

http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/tsx-b...ps-build-thread-04-cgp-6mt-3.html#post1276226

It really is strange that some people are able to use the 12.8" rotors. I mean the only explanation is that there is slight variation of tolerances in the spindles or the calipers themselves. Either way, I will post up my results when I get around to doing this swap.
Wow great eye. I guess the best thing to do is to buy both sets of rotors and try the 12.8s first... and they fail, return them if possible and use the 12.6s.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
I ran the Brembo 350z rotors for a 2005. I got them from autozone.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
With absolutely no problems. But then again my bracket is different than whichever bracket you are going to use because the guy no longer makes them.

Who are you getting the bracket from? I would ask them directly.

·
My car whines
637 Posts
Fastbrakes use to advertise that their brackets work with 12.8" rotors but recently changed it to 12.6".

FFC (fat four customs) says their adapters were tested with 12.8" rotors. But there are people who are also having problems using the larger rotors with this bracket.

Paul (nva-av6?) are the only brackets so far where I don't see any people having this problem.

21 - 40 of 66 Posts