Acura TSX Forum banner

61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
I ended up running a 2007 Nissan Maxima rotor with the Fastbrakes bracket. The 350z rotors were not going to fit, but they could fit if you took the bracket to a machine shop and had them remove like 2mm off from the mounting holes. The 350z rotor was scraping on the caliper.
This is what the Maxima rotor measured out to. Right around to 317mm.

My other issue was the caliper bolts are super damn close to my(summer) wheels, but they clear barely. I bought 3mm spacers but decided not to run them.

Tons of clearance on my winter wheel setup.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Great write up, anyone doing this with stock rims? if so what spacer are you using. Don't like spacers and think I would grab some TL rims in the long run as they might be OK without them.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Great write up, anyone doing this with stock rims? if so what spacer are you using. Don't like spacers and think I would grab some TL rims in the long run as they might be OK without them.
For stock TSX wheels, you'd need 25mm spacers to clear the brakes. 04-08 TL wheels will clear without spacers.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Well my brakes are finally shot. I'm upgrading to the fatfourcustoms bracket. I was NEVER able to mitigate the brake noise. I'm going to be upgrading to the 350z rotors as well.
The RL doesn't offer a lot of pad choices, but I'm going to try StopTech pads this time around.

61 - 65 of 65 Posts