Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering swapping the RL 4-piston calipers onto my 05 using the Fastbrakes brackets. What are the best rotors to use with this setup? I have seen a few different setups used, such as 350z Brembo package rotors, Maxima rotors (which years?), Genesis sedan rotors (which ones?) as well as MDX rotors (which ones?), and I don’t know which ones are compatible. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I bought fastbrakes, in instructions included it says
08-13 maxima rotors or 350z w brembo package rotors ..
Maxima rotors will fit calipers better but pads will stick above rotor 2mm.
Brembo rotors fit pad better but will require some slight opening of inside caliper.
Im not finished with install but I did dremel inside caliper a bit since there was rubbing.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Brembo rotors fit pad better but will require some slight opening of inside caliper.
Im not finished with install but I did dremel inside caliper a bit since there was rubbing.
bingo, I would go with a different kit if you can. because the pads stick over the rotor slightly, I'm getting a wild brake squeal.

I had issues fitting the 350z rotor and I'll probably sell my fastbrakes kit and switch to the fatfour customs bracket

·
Registered
112 Posts
bingo, I would go with a different kit if you can. because the pads stick over the rotor slightly, I'm getting a wild brake squeal.

I had issues fitting the 350z rotor and I'll probably sell my fastbrakes kit and switch to the fatfour customs bracket
$350 is a lot of money for something that doesn't quite fit. One would thing for that price, they would have adjusted their design a few millimeters so it fits the rotor perfectly. How difficult is that?

·
Registered
703 Posts
Did you get an old kit? Those instructions are dead wrong and I believe fastbrakes has corrected this to read what it should say:

I promise you - if you go FFC customs you want the 350z brembo equipped 12.8" rotor.

If you go fastbrakes you need the 12.6" Maxima rotor.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Did you get an old kit? Those instructions are dead wrong and I believe fastbrakes has corrected this to read what it should say:

I promise you - if you go FFC customs you want the 350z brembo equipped 12.8" rotor.

Yea I bought my Fastbrakes kit from Marcus a couple months ago; the intstructions are explicit in saying that you can use 350z rotors, but you may have to clearance the caliper by shaving some of inside of the caliper. I should've did more research, because had I known that I would've just done the FFC kit.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Yea I bought my Fastbrakes kit from Marcus a couple months ago; the intstructions are explicit in saying that you can use 350z rotors, but you may have to clearance the caliper by shaving some of inside of the caliper. I should've did more research, because had I known that I would've just done the FFC kit.
I too was leaning towards fastbrakes (more reputable to me than FFC) but my research pointed me towards this issue and I wanted to use the larger rotors so FFC was my choice.

·
Registered
19 Posts

Bought my kit last month from heeltoe, just brackets and rotors on ebay to save afew bucks.
I was about to go with
Big Brake Kit 324x30mm + Brembo ? front axle Accord VII/VIII | K-SYSTEM.pro
(if you go with them order without rotors to save on shipping since they are located in poland)
and get a brembo caliper that uses lancer pads I believe but I went cheapest route to be honest.

·
Registered
40 Posts
confirming, the FFC caliper brackets fit the 350z rotors without a problem. I switched this weekend from the janky Fastbrakes brackets to FFC.

Fastbrakes only fit the maxima rotors, but I was getting a wild brake squeal. I couldnt find out why, but upon pad inspection, the top 1-2mm of the pad wasn't making contact and probably causing vibration because it was touching the top outer diameter of the rotor.

·
Registered
703 Posts
confirming, the FFC caliper brackets fit the 350z rotors without a problem. I switched this weekend from the janky Fastbrakes brackets to FFC.

Fastbrakes only fit the maxima rotors, but I was getting a wild brake squeal. I couldnt find out why, but upon pad inspection, the top 1-2mm of the pad wasn't making contact and probably causing vibration because it was touching the top outer diameter of the rotor.
Glad you got it all sorted out!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I don't get it, I put a link in a post and it said it had to be approved by a mod before being published and it never was published. A spam bot can post links though.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I don't get it, I put a link in a post and it said it had to be approved by a mod before being published and it never was published. A spam bot can post links though.
Makes one wonder doesn't it? I see this and other similar things happening in multiple auto forums, all owned by the same operator...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts