Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I recently bought a 04 tsx and my problem is that there are about 7 or 8 rock chips that started to rust on the front part of the hood. I don't know what to do with it and I want them gone...

I know a guy who does some paint job but he charges 350 bucks for the whole hood which I think is expensive since only the 1/6 of the hood is damaged. So he proposed me to repaint a 8 inches stripe on the front and put a 3m adhesive over it so the clear coat demarcation won't be too apparent ... what do you guys think about that ?

It seems like I don't have many options but if any of you is thinking of a better solution please tell me !

I will get some pics of the rock chips later...

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Info Center / Car Care & D
5,036 Posts
If you do get it repainted, don't apply the clear film right away. Wait for the paint to cure. I believe you should wait at least 3 weeks.

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
Depends how extreme your rock chips are. For me I had quite a few as well but no dents on my hood. From there, I claybar'd my whole hood, then wet sanded with very fine grit, apply paint using the pen dealer provided. Then after a day, buff with a cutting pad and polish. I don't notice anything now.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Live life supercharged!
598 Posts
If you do get it repainted, don't apply the clear film right away. Wait for the paint to cure. I believe you should wait at least 3 weeks.
This. I would prolly wait 4 weeks though. Thats what I've been told by my bodyshop and my detailer both. Although I dont really know what that extra week would do lol

Clear bras are awesome. Best investment ever if you have the money and you plan on keeping the car for a while.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.