Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is just mainly for a question that I'll need in the summer so I might ask it again later on but I'll more then likely need to roll and pull my fenders to fit my 18x9.5 +22 wheels all around. Now when you roll/pull the front. Does the fender liner come off? I feel like it's in the way. I was also told that 9/10 of the times, the paint will crack and chip which I'm worried about. Any suggestions? Should I just take it to a body shop and that that professionally done? Anybody ever get that done and how much it'd cost?

·
VP of Infinite Infinity
1,790 Posts
Did mine myself and rented Eastwood fender roller for $40. Really easy to do. Get a friend to help by using a eat gun. Heat the fender up really hot and start rolling. Constant heat where you are rolling and going to roll.
I took the fender liner and tucked it behind the fender before rolling it up. I think I trimmed it to fit in there.
Key is hear to prevent cracking. 9/10 seems high if you're doing it right.

IPhone Autoguide

·
VP of Infinite Infinity
1,790 Posts
Not when I learned to heat up the fender till its literally too hot to touch for more than a second. The only chipping I had at all was on the inside of the fender lip I was crushing. To be expected really. Make sure you heat from a low angle to hot both sides and then maintain hear as you go along. Have a buddy help.

IPhone Autoguide

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.