Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you guys give me some feedback on the Ronjon Wheels and how structurally and quality wise made they are??
I liked the Vega and Inspyre design that they offer.
But how good and durable are they??

Please help me out big time fellow TSXers

·
What to put here?
1,990 Posts
Someone on the other forum complained about the chrome finish flaking off. Do a search for info.

·
(: Daniel :)
3,224 Posts
Heard mixed things. One consistent thing is that they're expensive for what you get and they weigh a lot. A lot of ppl like them though because they're made for Acura's. Ask lcrzyaznl as he has the Servos from them iirc.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Heard mixed things. One consistent thing is that they're expensive for what you get and they weigh a lot. A lot of ppl like them though because they're made for Acura's. Ask lcrzyaznl as he has the Servos from them iirc.
Yea I saw a post somewhere from crzyazn of his rims. looks like he nose dived on a pot hole.

So for around that price range what are some brand type wheels to go for??

·
*Metalhead*
2,657 Posts
The weights were always a turnoff for me. I never looked any farther then that. I have heard they have excellent customer service. Check into there warranties.

·
trespassing Jeep owner
2,731 Posts
I like some of the designs but they're heavy as hell and many of the newer models don't come in sizes under 19", which to me is non-ideal for the TSX.

I believe RJs are made in China, as well.

I would pass and look into light-weight JDM wheels.

·
(: Daniel :)
3,224 Posts
What's your overall budget you're working with? Including tires or just for rims? Enkei's are decent in weight class (ex. RPF1) for the price. They have a newer model coming out that I forgot the name but look reallllll nice and are supposed to be lighter too, Inkedup will know lol. But then again, they don't look like the Inspyre's.

Other than that you can always find used rims to cop for a much lower price than brand new. It's also in regards to your taste and what you would like to see everyday on your car. You can search the pictures of member's cars and decide from there. Buying rims is a hard decision to make since it can have a hefty price tag and if you don't like it then you're screwed out of some money more than likely.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What's your overall budget you're working with? Including tires or just for rims? Enkei's are decent in weight class (ex. RPF1) for the price. They have a newer model coming out that I forgot the name but look reallllll nice and are supposed to be lighter too, Inkedup will know lol. But then again, they don't look like the Inspyre's.

Other than that you can always find used rims to cop for a much lower price than brand new. It's also in regards to your taste and what you would like to see everyday on your car. You can search the pictures of member's cars and decide from there. Buying rims is a hard decision to make since it can have a hefty price tag and if you don't like it then you're screwed out of some money more than likely.

Well I found out, that in order to get some nice wheels, id have to cough up $200 more. I was budgeting around 800-900 for the 4 sets of wheels. Tires im not really worried much about. But If i had to cough up that much then I need to really know the most legit way of buying them.
Its true how its so hard to find that right wheel.
Ive been looking on the Tenzo's, Volks, and Works XSA O2C(like Cyphers). Those seem to be more of my style. machined and gun metal shade would really compliment the SSM exterior.
But exactly how durable are they? and the quality? is the other issue I get into..Are they stronger than the OEM wheels??

Please put your input please :dunno:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Wheel weights are lighter even when larger than OEM, quality is exceptional, fitment is PERFECT and specifically made for Honda and Acura vehciles, down to the industry only 64.1 hubcentric centebore.
We make 17", 18", 19" and 20" OEM quality wheels. our 20" wheels are ligther than the factory 18" and in some cases 17" wheels.

Any questions, email or call, we work 24 hours a day thru email. Dedicated to quality and service.

·
Rocketeer
1,134 Posts
Still lighter than OEM.

Owners I know who have Ronjon, have always been satisfied with their wheels.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Light wheels come at a price, we load rate our wheels for the heaviest vehicles in the Honda and Acura lineup, from the MDX to the Odyssey. Even the wheels that go on these cars also go on the TSX. Our wheels have a balance of lightweight, as shown above and structural integrity that won't be sacrificed for 1/10th of a second in the quartermile. Also consider the price, which is competitive with other Low Pressure cast aluminum construction wheels while offering perfect fitment universal wheels cannot provide.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,896 Posts
They have a newer model coming out that I forgot the name but look reallllll nice and are supposed to be lighter too, Inkedup will know lol.
Enkei pf01

Well I found out, that in order to get some nice wheels, id have to cough up $200 more. I was budgeting around 800-900 for the 4 sets of wheels. Tires im not really worried much about. But If i had to cough up that much then I need to really know the most legit way of buying them.
Its true how its so hard to find that right wheel.
Ive been looking on the Tenzo's, Volks, and Works XSA O2C(like Cyphers). Those seem to be more of my style. machined and gun metal shade would really compliment the SSM exterior.
But exactly how durable are they? and the quality? is the other issue I get into..Are they stronger than the OEM wheels??

Please put your input please :dunno:
Tenzo isnt even comparable to Work or Volk. The Work XSA 02C is a beautiful wheel IMO but new they are going to cost you around $2500.

This guy is selling a set of used white 02C's which would look great on SSM. Problem is the offsets suck, but you could run a set of 25mm spacers.

FS/FT MN: 18" Work XSA 02C 2 piece forged, in white with tires - Club RSX Message Board

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Enkei pf01

Tenzo isnt even comparable to Work or Volk. The Work XSA 02C is a beautiful wheel IMO but new they are going to cost you around $2500.

This guy is selling a set of used white 02C's which would look great on SSM. Problem is the offsets suck, but you could run a set of 25mm spacers.

FS/FT MN: 18" Work XSA 02C 2 piece forged, in white with tires - Club RSX Message Board
Mind giving me a pm on the popularity of the wheels between Tenzo, Works, Volks please. =)

·
Registered
184 Posts
they're whatever, generic looking wheels. Get some custom wheels from DPE. Everything is made to order and they're assembled & built in Long Beach. Everything is forged for lightness & durability. Custom colors, custom designs, 3pc, 2pc, monoblock we do it all

1 - 16 of 16 Posts