Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i would like to get a roof rack for snowboarding this year but i don't know where to get it from, i would like to spend around $350 but can't seem to find any with all the fairings+q towers for that price, so does anyone know of a site or someone who is selling, i know there was someone who posted a thread on oem acura roof rack parts but i don't remember the site, thanks for the help!

·
Scientisting since 2005
1,232 Posts
spent about 30 seconds searching google for: acura tsx roof rack, then acura tsx snowboard rack

here is what i found:

INNO IN-SU-K6/K290/IN-B127S at AutoAnything
or
2007 Acura TSX Custom Fit Roof Racks | etrailer.com
this takes care of all the hardware and your racks....

and this takes care of your snowboard attachment
Yakima Big PowderHound Roof-Mounted, Locking Ski and Snowboard Carrier - 6 Skis/4 Boards Yakima Ski and Snowboard Racks Y03082 (6 skis, 4 boards)
or
Yakima PowderHound Roof-Mounted, Locking Ski and Snowboard Carrier - 4 Skis/2 Boards Yakima Ski and Snowboard Racks Y03081 (4 skis, 2 boards)

grand total is between $360-$420 without the front air diffuser which is like an additional $60

search bro.... its out there ! haha

·
flashprroooooo!!!
2,660 Posts
rack systems are so pricey. i just bought a thule roof rack for my TSX since my wife and i are buying some hybrid bikes.

the best deal i could find on CL was a similar thule rack system but i would've only saved like $40 b/c i still had to buy the adaptor kit for my car (it was off a prius).

i think the only other alternative is trying to piecemeal parts off ebay if you can win them at a discount to retail, even accounting for shipping. if you can't, it's just not worth it. i was sitting on two auctions for a 44" fairing and they both sold around the high $60/low $70 range. a brand new fairing from rackattack.com is $73, free shipping and no tax (at least to NY).

·
wine em, dine em, cl9 em
940 Posts
i think i recall 2 or 3 sets for sale in the classifieds...

·
flashprroooooo!!!
2,660 Posts
yeah, but those were all yakima's. i wanted to stick with thule.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I recommend the Thule Racks. You can grab them from rackattack.com. I grabbed the 91724 Universal Flat Top paired with the 480 Traverse Foot Pack. If you want Locks it'll be extra, but this will let you pack 4 boards (6 pairs of skis) up the mountain with no problems. Grabbed them on sale for around $400. Good luck

·
flashprroooooo!!!
2,660 Posts
i got my thule order from rack attack the day after i ordered it. super fast shipping.

this thing is a beast. i'm gonna have to spend a night trying to install it. i'm probably picking up bikes this weekend.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a first gen Yakima q tower rack system, I have all the parts except for the landing pads. Would anyone know which landing pads are neede for front and rear?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts