Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
GO BLUE!
884 Posts
I have a Yakima rack on the car and that was my main concern when I first looked at buying one. But the Q-clip (for Yakima) had a protective stickers that you have to apply on that will be in contact with the car body and it looks non damaging to the car. And the q-tower will have brand new soft white rubber seating to go onto the car. And just FYI, my rack is a used rack I bought off another guy on CL who probably had it for more than 5 years without taking off his car, but when you purchase the Q-clip for TSX, it will come with brand new stickers and white rubber seating.

·
Registered
834 Posts
It's pretty safe. I applied electrical tape right under the Q clip. where I got scratches was with my fairing. I should have used tape under that. It generally comes with little foam pads but like him ^ , I bought used.

·
GO BLUE!
884 Posts
^Yeah forgot to mention, the fairing comes with a foam pad and when you drive the downward force pushes it nicely down. I just remember the only difference is that it gets dirty pretty easily on top maybe it's because it's used.

·
Elitist
280 Posts
I have a Yakima rack on the car and that was my main concern when I first looked at buying one. But the Q-clip (for Yakima) had a protective stickers that you have to apply on that will be in contact with the car body and it looks non damaging to the car. And the q-tower will have brand new soft white rubber seating to go onto the car. And just FYI, my rack is a used rack I bought off another guy on CL who probably had it for more than 5 years without taking off his car, but when you purchase the Q-clip for TSX, it will come with brand new stickers and white rubber seating.
QFT...never had any problems with paint damage with any of the four I've had.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts