Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Roger
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm new to this site heard great things so i'll try it. with in the next couple of weeks i will be putting a down payment on a new nbp 6spd with navi and the underbody spoiler but i live in jersey and the taxes are so high and this car is so hard to nagotiate the price that i'm just wondering if any one bought theres in jersey and where they went and what kind of price thay payed

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
Hello and welcome to the site! :wavey:

·
Registered
11 Posts
I don't know where in Jersey you are, but I have had good experiences at Castle in Delaware. The dealer is only about 15 minutes into Delaware from southern Jersey. Once I determined the model I wanted, I called around to all the dealers offering to buy the specific car if they were the first to agree to $200 over invoice over the phone. Amazingly once the salesmen went to their manager most of the dealers called back accepting the offer. I bought from the first dealer that called back (Note: you may have to drive a little further if there are not many dealers in your area). I ended up buying from a dealer about 45 minutes from my house, but I got a great deal.

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
welcome to teh club :wavey:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Welcome rls2981 :wavey:

I got mine last year at Clinton Acura - very pleasant experience.

larchmont said:
Congrats, and welcome!
BTW.....If you think NJ tax is bad, try coming over here! :eek:
I don't think taxes is NJ are bad, unless you start talking about property taxes. That's a whole different story ...

·
Registered
86 Posts
Try Montclair Acura.. excellent service.. They are located in Verona. Give them a call or e-mail them and ask for Craig. Tell him Carlos sent you. Good luck!

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Hispanic208 said:
Try Montclair Acura.. excellent service.. They are located in Verona. Give them a call or e-mail them and ask for Craig. Tell him Carlos sent you. Good luck!
I know there's more than one Craig in the world :D but there was a Craig at Acura of Westchester (in Larchmont) when I got my TSX. He wasn't even my salesman, but he helped me A LOT when my guy wasn't in -- he really did most of the work and he was great, even though I wasn't really his customer. He left there a few months later. Wonder if it might be the same guy.....

·
Registered
86 Posts
Interesting.. he is not even my salesman either as he does finance now...but he helped me all the way through. I will inquire about it tomorrow when I hopefully take delivery of my TSX.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Hispanic208 said:
Interesting.. he is not even my salesman either as he does finance now...but he helped me all the way through. I will inquire about it tomorrow when I hopefully take delivery of my TSX.
I'll be interested to hear.
If it's the same guy, tell him the Larchmont folks still remember him!

·
Roger
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks for all the info.. i live in central jersey so monclair is a bit of a drive the best quote that i've gotten so far is 28900 black on black 6spd with navi and under body kit. I still i think they could do better cause thats not including tax. So the car would come out to roughly 31100 otd which is still a little high for me.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
rls2981 said:
thanks for all the info.. i live in central jersey so monclair is a bit of a drive the best quote that i've gotten so far is 28900 black on black 6spd with navi and under body kit. I still i think they could do better cause thats not including tax. So the car would come out to roughly 31100 otd which is still a little high for me.
How about eliminating the underbody kit?
Or if that's not enough, the Nav?

Don't get me wrong -- I love the Nav. But if it made the difference about being able to get the car or not, I'd have gladly gone without it.

Or of course also you could get a slightly "pre-owned" TSX, but that's a whole other story.

The price that you mention is pretty good. It's about $1K below MSRP -- the amount would be about $700 plus whatever is the value of the underbody kit, which I don't know.....

·
Registered
18 Posts
Wayne Acura

rls2981 said:
I live in Rockland County about 20 minutes from Northern NJ. If I am correct(I've gotten so many quotes over the internet) the Acura dealership in Wayne, NJ gave me a price of $27,500 for the exact car black on black, underbody kit and spoiler, but 5 speed automatic. Unfortunately, though a decent price I decided to do without the underbody kit because in the town I live in I would kill the underbody kit in no time.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
PrincessTSX said:
I live in Rockland County.....I decided to do without the underbody kit because in the town I live in I would kill the underbody kit in no time.
Gophers? :D

BTW.....wanna tell us what town?

We get to Rockland a bit.....

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
PrincessTSX said:
Spring Valley :grinno:
Cool -- been there (and through there) a lot.

But.....what would Spring Valley do to the underbody kit? Are we talking monster potholes or something?

P.S. As you see, the site's "grinno" smilie doesn't work too well. :mad:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts