Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi-

I am planning on doing a few things to my TSX this weekend before an upcoming road trip... one of things I'd like to do is rotate the tires. I just wanted to be sure doing it myself (as I have always done in the past w/ my other cars) wasn't going to cause any issues with the TPMS sensors because of them suddenly being in different locations. I know on some vehicles they need to be reprogrammed after being moved to a different position on the car.
(I did search but couldn't find an exact answer...thanks!)

update (5/09)- don't know exactly why I thought for sure my car (an '06) had TPMS... it does not!! :bill: lol
Thanks to all who replied anyway!

·
Registered
277 Posts
you should be perfectly fine rotating them by yourself the tpms system in our cars doesnt require a relearning step and will recognize the tires where ever you decide to rotate them to

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, cool, thanks for the quick reply... I really didn't think it would matter, just wanted to be sure.
So... it looks like I'll be rotating the tires, putting in a K&N drop-in filter (and maybe removing the resonator), changing the cabin air filter, washing & waxing... and oh yeah, removing the 'Acura' emblem from the trunk, and last but not least, putting in a new air freshener! :hat:

·
未来へと
2,253 Posts
yeap, the sensors should be fine also in future reference if a dealership ask if you want to program your TPMS sensors due to what ever circumstances and tells you that theyll charge you its BS. TPMS doesn't need programing

1 - 6 of 6 Posts