Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a set of Hawks HPS pads and Brembo Blanks for 3 years, it gives more aggressive stopping power than stock pads. However the rotors are warped and I am looking to install new rotors and pads along with my Spoon Calipers and Goodridge SS line. Thinking about going through another set of Brembo Blanks with HPS pads but want to see what other options I have. I was told Powerslot uses Brembo blanks to drill so that will be out of my option. How about EBC rotors and their green stuff pads? Anyone used both HPS and green stuff pads and can give me some advice?

·
Retired Regional Meet Leader
3,464 Posts
I have EBC Ultimax rotors and EBC green stuff pads. Great combo and definitely a big upgrade over stock, and still better than OEM brembo blanks. I went EBC because in my experience Hawk pads squeal on me or take some time to warm up, which isn't cool for daily driving. EBC green stuff pads are pretty quiet and don't dust up all that much. Bunch of other guys on the forums went with ultimax rotors and red stuff, but green stuff is more than sufficient.

I actually have an extra set of EBC ultimax front rotors and EBC green stuff pads I might be selling soon because I might go to a BBK from Heeltoe.

Btw, I also have goodridge SS lines installed in my car too.

·
*Metalhead*
2,657 Posts
I have EBC Reds on both my TSX and S2000. I highly recommend them. Axxis Ultimates were the best I've used but they dusted like crazy. The Reds have a "happy medium". Every rotor I have tried with the exception of Power Slot Cryos have warped on me. EBC rotors warped the fastest. This is just from my own personal experience.

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Marketplace
5,412 Posts
I have EBC Reds on both my TSX and S2000. I highly recommend them. Axxis Ultimates were the best I've used but they dusted like crazy. The Reds have a "happy medium". Every rotor I have tried with the exception of Power Slot Cryos have warped on me. EBC rotors warped the fastest. This is just from my own personal experience.
Which rotor do you find to be best?

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have power slot rotors and Hawk HPS Pads. I tend to be very hard on brakes and have had great experience with this set up. I have not had any noise issues with the pads. Good setup and you don't have to drop alot of money.

·
Donating TSXCLUB Member
880 Posts
im using generic pads on brembo blanks... works better than the acura pads on acura rotors.. :) hahah

·
*Metalhead*
2,657 Posts
Which rotor do you find to be best?
The Power Slots have done the best for me. I do have some R1 brand new in the box ready to go if I need them. I bought them to give them a shot based on others reviews.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I have the followin and love it. I really don't get brake dust and I do alot of driving.

-StopTech Slotted/Dilled Rotors(black Coated) - From HeelToe Automotive
-Power Stop Evolution Brake Pads

CONS: rotors rust on the outer ring, slotted and drilled holes.

I was think of painiting the rust parts to avoid the rust.

·
*Metalhead*
2,657 Posts
^I believe I got them at Tire Rack or Auto Anything. I can't remember but I know it was one of the two.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So hard to decide, it really depends on driving habits. I am a spirited driver and Brembo with HPS pads treated me happy with it. It wrapped after 3 years which is considered reasonable to me. I believe reason why rotors always wrap on TSX is because of FWD weight ratio and the stock calipers are not strong enough. Hopefully with the Spoon Calipers, it help to eliminate the wrap this time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just installed R1Concepts Eline cross drilled and posi quiet ceramic pads. The awful shuddering fromm the stock rotors is gone. The car now stops on a dime and without any noise. I recommend them for daily drivers hands down. Steven helped me out. This is not an advertisement just trying to add a review and help out.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I have the R1 concepts blank OE style rotors, with Axxis Ultimate carbon kevlar pads. Pads have excellent bite, high temp, noticed little brake fade, love it for everyday and spirited driving. The rotors are very durable, had them for over a year with those pads and it still has not warped. I also have the R1 concept blank rotors on my IS350 with Posi-Quiet ceramic pads for almost a year. Great rotor, great price and outstanding quality.
I believe they have free shipping anywhere in US for orders over $150. You can visit their website to get pricing and call them to place order. Sales rep are nice and helpful. =) Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
36 Posts
I would grab some Brembo blanks from tire rack. Just ordered some shipped to my door for $250.

I've used these and EBC Reds on my 350Z for 3 years now and it 10X better then stock, mind you Nissan brakes suck.

·
Auto Union neanderthal
47 Posts
I just grabbed some DBA 4k's rotors up front,brembo blanks in the rear, HPS Race Pads on all fours, ATE Super Blue Racing Brake Fluid, Goodridge brake lines..hopefully putting it all on this weekend..planning to track it :)

I am curious tho if anyone has used Russell brake lines?

·
Registered
3 Posts
brake rotors

My problem is that they rust - the rears in particular- one winter in New England & aftermarket rotors are gone. looking at powerslot cyro's - anybody have input on this- what works well!?

btw I have a 05 Pilot w/ 95k miles on the origional honda rotors!

My used TSX came w/ new tires & brakes. I suspect the rotors are cheapo's!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts