Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup Guys,

I have a 2006 Acura TSX and recently changed all four rotors (R1 Concepts Slotted Premium) and break pads (Racing Break ET500). As I accelerate while pressing the gas I DO NOT hear any noise but, when I release the gas pedal and the car is cruising I hear a grinding noise. Similar to when you are sharpening knives. The noise pauses I beleive as the rotor is spinning and hits a certain spot. Are these due to the rotors or break pads? If not what could it be? Maybe the way the mechanic installed the curves on the rotors? It is really annoying... Need your input.. Thanks.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I followed the StopTech website's procedure. Approximately 10 rounds I went 0-60mph down to 10mph. Does the way the slots face affect it in any way?

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
It doesn't matter about the slot. It matters more which way the internal vanes are facing. Make sure they are diverting air from the center out and not "scooping" air in.

Here is a picture for a reference

There may be an abnormal high spot on your rotors. Check the surface of your rotors for any visible defects.

·
That's Doctor
231 Posts
This just sounds like your pads are contacting your rotors while driving. Two things come to mind.

1. Did you properly lube the caliper slider pins?
2. Did you spin the rear caliper piston in far enough?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Is it the front or the rear pads making the noise?

On some rear pads there are two notches that have to line up with the slot on the rear caliper.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update: lubed slider pins and re-bedded brakes and it worked!! Thanks for your input love this setup now!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts