Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Alliance!
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The South has always been a bit behind on technology. Making life hard on a tech nut like me.

I recently upgraded to the second to highest tier on our cable line, which was rated at 30mbs. Next level is 55mbs but thats a tad expensive.

Using speedtest.net, over a wireless connection, with this new speed, I tested my connection on my current router. It was far better than that of my previous connection of on 1mbs, landing me at 12.86mbs. Now, while I was impressed by the speed, I was mad I didn't get my full 30mbs, or even 2/3 of that. I also noticed that pages loaded faster but, some pages you had to reload if there was more than one computer on wireless, including cellphones. A bit peeved but, not yet ready to call Cox and complain, I decided I wanted to upgrade my wireless router.

Here are the results:

Belkin Wireless N router, 2.4ghz 802.11g;

12.86mbs download, 6 upload, 25ms ping.

And here is the new router;

Linksys E2500 Advanced Dual-Band N Router, 2.4-5ghz, 300mbs+ tranfer rate, w/ usb for networked data storage (make shift drop box):

Massive increase with an amazing boost in surfing speed.

Torrent tests commence tonight!

·
Somaek juseyo?
1,287 Posts
You'll never get the full advertised speed. Unless you have a dedicated line like fiber optics, it's not going to be as strong as it could.

·
Alliance!
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I figured that but I like getting as close as possible and this router does that. When I move out of this apartment and into a house I'm getting the absolute best router possible.

·
Registered
299 Posts
That's pretty good for cable. Usually you can't reach advertised speed with cable because it's shared by many.

No FiOS down there? Once you have FiOS you can't go with anything else, fiber is amazing. My advertised is 25/15 but I usually get 26/21 when running tests.

·
Banned
22 Posts
I just bought a router from Belkin and it is working good, are you trying to say that Belkin is bad and I have to buy a new one?? I just need some more information, can anybody help me?

·
Banned
19 Posts
There is point bro, but you were using an old router and you’re saying that it is very kind bad, but you’re wrong, as the time is passing by your router is losing his frequency power and few more features. I did the same think just like you took more power for internet but my router was weak(it is all because it was old) and after I changed it, the internet speed increased. The newest router, more power you’re getting. The new router is from Belkin, and I can say for sure that it is good and very powerful. I adjusted it by myself with https://www.router-reset.com/default-ip-address-list/Belkin help, now I have no problems.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts