Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Baller Premium Member
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imagine driving a stock tsx and adding this beautiful purple liquid to the package. Ok I will be adding a CAI shortly (haven't made my mind up yet as to which one) but I do find my tsx much more responsive now. aside from that get this...... I used to pull around 385Km per tank. Now I pull 465Km!!!! How can it be that I achieve 80Km more per tank???? what do you guys think? I highly suggest this oil despite I am quite a Lehman for now.

·
Baller Premium Member
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Umm I live in mtl, nothing fake here! Lol I ordered it @ $9.00/L!!!

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Info Center / Car Care & D
5,036 Posts
Wait how can a company of that magnitude be selling fake royal purple oil? I did a quick google using "wal mart fake royal purple" and nothing showed up.

·
Registered
51 Posts
It's not that it's fake - Royal Purple just won't sell directly to Walmart corporate (supply chain protection or for whatever reason), so the individual Walmart stores will go to distributors and buy it there. Apparently, RP is trying to stop distributors from selling to Wally, too.

RP hasn't ever impressed me. And a 20% increase in gas mileage (kilometerage?) isn't from your oil.

·
Live life supercharged!
598 Posts
mobil 1 here..yeah that increase in mpg doesnt seem plausible from just the oil change..and walmart doesnt sell fake stuff like that please think before you say something like that next time...there are certain things you buy and dont buy at walmart..i wouldnt buy the clothes or jewelry b/c of the quality/design but i would buy the oil (mobil 1 5qt jugs), video game accessories (xbox live cards $40 at walmart, $50 at best buy :madfawk:) , and grooming products (deordorant, toothpaste, etc)

·
long-term build
2,761 Posts
you think Royal Purple is good?

then you should try Redline, you'd really be impressed.

·
Scientisting since 2005
1,232 Posts
5w30 Royal Purple + Royal Purple filter FTW !

pep boys special DIY package for $39.99

·
long-term build
2,761 Posts
yeah, I buy it online. I run Redline 5w-20 and my car loves me for it.
I buy it from Hoerr Racing I think it is.
fyi, if you read bobtheoilguy, you'll see that Redlines 5w-20 is akin to
most other 5w-30 oils and is best suited for our particular application.
or so the "experts" over there seem to think. my car has zero complaints.

Red Line Synthetic Motor Oil

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Marketplace
5,412 Posts
yeah, I buy it online. I run Redline 5w-20 and my car loves me for it.
I buy it from Hoerr Racing I think it is.
fyi, if you read bobtheoilguy, you'll see that Redlines 5w-20 is akin to
most other 5w-30 oils and is best suited for our particular application.
or so the "experts" over there seem to think. my car has zero complaints.

Red Line Synthetic Motor Oil
have you run Redline 5w-30 before? they 20 and 30 costs the same so I'm just wondering what made you opt for 20.

It's to my understanding that a quality synthetic 5w-20 has the same viscosity as a petroleum 5w-30. maybe i read that on bobtheoilguy too. i run mobile1 5w-30 and i'm looking to try a true synthetic. I'm stuck between redline and amsoil. pretty hard to find a reliable and affordable place to find them.

thanks for the hrpworld recommendation

·
Slow but turns
2,961 Posts
It's not that it's fake - Royal Purple just won't sell directly to Walmart corporate (supply chain protection or for whatever reason), so the individual Walmart stores will go to distributors and buy it there. Apparently, RP is trying to stop distributors from selling to Wally, too.

RP hasn't ever impressed me. And a 20% increase in gas mileage (kilometerage?) isn't from your oil.
wait a second, let me clarify on why i "thought" wal mart was selling fake purple oil. the first time i put purple oil on my car, i didnt feel nothing has changed. two days later i took my car to the dealer to fix an issue i had with my car. the week later after i got my car back i still hadnt noticed any differences. i remember the first time i threw those oil into my car, the color was purple on my dipstick, but now it looks yellowish, kinda like normal oil color. can anyone clarify with me on that? does your purple oil still has that same purple color, or did that color died out and turned yellow?

im starting to have a funny feeling that the dealers replaced my oil without my knowledge

·
Live life supercharged!
598 Posts
the oil goes in purple, and after time the changes to regular color..it doesnt stay purple very long

·
Scientisting since 2005
1,232 Posts
how many royal purple do you get out of that deal? just one 4 quart?
this was a deal for 5 qts of 5w30 RP oil and a RP oil filter.... normally is 59.99....on sale for 39.99

pep boys always has DIY oil change deals, just randomly check out their website and you should be able to find something you like

1 - 20 of 28 Posts