Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i attempted to do the TL-S RSB to TSX swap , Parts Blasted the crap out of it, let it soak in, used steel brush , more PB more soaking time, long story short , one allen came off fine the other one stripped mid way, so i put the other allen back on and tightened it but the stripped one was no go. no tightening it back up , no taking it off. now when i drive the RSB rattles over every bump , my question is , how dangerous or bad is it to drive with one side slightly loosened up ? i take turns super slow as i dont want to put too much stress on the rsb and have it rip out. also how long can i drive it this way before it becomes super dangerous. another thing i wanted to ask is which endlinks would you guys recommend ? ive heard good things about moogs and ive heard bad things about moog, should i just got with 06-08 OEM? can i go with some advance auto parts brand or what would you guys recommend???? i really need help asap , im kinda freaking out over this , i was hoping for simple quick mod and it turned into a nightmare. thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
This happened to me as well. Well if you are on a budget the moogs I feel are a perfectly fine replacement. Others may say otherwise. If you don't mind shelling out the money for the 06-08 links, you can't go wrong with oem. The moogs do need to be regreased from time to time with a grease gun if you have one. It isn't hard to do.

P.S. I may have one endlink that I can ship to you if you just want an 04-05 endlink. Let me know what side went bad or pm me your number and I can text you a pic of the side I have.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Amit and JTrix thanks for the help , i completly forgot to check the thread from being stressed out over this , i ended up getting OEM replacements this morning. got some work cut out for me for monday afternoon. hopefully i can figure out how to unbolt the broken side and take it off of the car without any further problems

·
Registered
59 Posts
Same thing happened to me when I installed my tl-s sway bar , ended up using 2006 Tsx moog end links . They have been working fine and they are also much beefier than the Oem's. 25 dollars a piece at advanced auto.

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
How much larger is the tls rsb??

·
, Moderator, Performance
2,513 Posts
You dont technically need a RSB or any sway bars for that matter, so even if the endlink totally failed most likely nothing bad would happen.

When I did my RSB both endlinks were rust welded, I just took an angle grinder and cut them off. If you dont have access to that take some WD-40 or PB blaster and spray the bolt, then use a torch to heat JUST the nut up(about 30 seconds to 45 seconds should do) after you remove the flame add more of your WD or PB(the heat will suck in the lubricant) and than try to get it loose. If its stripped just invest in an angle grinder ;).

GL

·
Slow but turns
2,961 Posts
I NEVER used a hex or allen wrench because my endlinks are all rusted yet I never replaced them at all, so Imma give you a tip of what I did to save you the unnecessary trouble of cutting something that you dont have to cut.

Use a Visegrip to hold the other end of the bolt and then spray your WD40 and use that 8mm or 10mm socket and yank that thing out! I never took pictures or anything but here is a drawing of what im talking about....

If you are still confused, dont worry about it, just simply CLAMP that visegrip to the location that is provided in the picture and

If the above image is a little confusing, then this should simplify it a little bit.

In the above image, the Black line in the middle indicates the poly bar, dont worry about it. Sometimes, the rubber piece from the poly bar is covering up the metal piece, if thats the case just simply clamp the visegrip on the rubber(It should not ever rip or wear out unless you change the RSB daily for the 10 thousand time).

·
My car whines
637 Posts
^this

didn't think of doing this when I installed my progress RSB and ended up stripping the allen key hole and had to take a grinder to cut the endlinks off.

front endlinks came off so much easier with the visegrip method

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
WOW guys thanks for all the helpful info im going to be getting the parts tomorrow im hoping, so after i get out of work im going to do the rsb and linkage swap , thanks again guys !!!!!!!

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Do any of u guys happen to have tsx service manual ? I need the page with torque specs for the rsb and linkages , I want to be sure it's all back to stock settings

·
Registered
231 Posts
When I put in my progress, my rear end links were rusted on. so I just took them off the top which were easy to get off and replaced them with my new RSB.

Also put on some anti-sieze before bolting it all up. So if you want to adjust or remove in the future it is easy.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Guys this is what im talking about !!! thanks again for coming through on this to everyone who helped out !!!!!! what a great community !!!!!!!!

~De5

1 - 17 of 17 Posts