Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i have a 04 tsx 6 speed and i was seeing if a rsx any year trans will fit my chassis because if not i will have to rebuild my trans i know i know i can get a rsx trans for less money then a tsx trans thanks guys and girls.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Like said above it will physically bolt up to the engine but the mounts will not line up to the chassis. I had a similar problem with my tranny and had to pay out the a$$ for a used one.

It took me like 6 months to find it. :(

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well i have a problem with it grinding in first second and fifth new clutch was put in but it had the problem before the clutch im feeling im just going to have to pull it back out and open it up and see whats going on. And will a 06 up civic si lsd fit in my trans as well thanks

·
Registered
298 Posts
why not get the lsd?
RSX's do not have an LSD

Well i have a problem with it grinding in first second and fifth new clutch was put in but it had the problem before the clutch im feeling im just going to have to pull it back out and open it up and see whats going on. And will a 06 up civic si lsd fit in my trans as well thanks
Yes.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Shoulda figured someone would say that... An ITR isnt to be confused with an RSX. Nor is sourcing an ITR tranny comparable to sourcing a RSX trans, if he were to consider an ITR version.

TSX trans is your best route.

·
Registered
75 Posts

The Honda LSD fits and works beautifully in our tranny case.

I have the '06 SI full gear set in my TSX case for a couple of years now. Second gear used to grind (As it seems to for a lot of 8th gen civic si guys).
I fixed that recently with carbon synchros.

Note if you install gears with a different ratio 3rd.
Our speed sensor takes the signal off of this gear.
I fixed that with a Dakota Digital unit. I think the RSX guys might have something out now, though I'm not sure if the application totally applies.

The last thing you want after doing all the tranny work is to have your speedo, odometer, and other speed sensative stuff messed up.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts