Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just replaced the spark plugs in my 04 and driving home, 30 minutes into the drive, car starts shuddering and idles rough when stopped. Does not want to accelerate very well from a start. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have 135k on it. I will have to check those tomorrow. It was running fine and I stopped to pick something up and when I restarted the car it started acting up.

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Info Center / Car Care & D
5,036 Posts
What kind of spark plugs did you get? If you get the NGK Laser Iridiums (NGK 6994), they don't need to be re-gap

·
Registered
292 Posts
I have 135k on it. I will have to check those tomorrow. It was running fine and I stopped to pick something up and when I restarted the car it started acting up.
If it was a hooker you stopped to pick up she's stolen your MOJO.

Have you checked to to see if you pushed the plug caps on properly?

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
2nded. It's probably not running on all 4 cylinders. It's easy to do wrong and easy to check and fix :tu:

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
446 Posts
If it was a hooker you stopped to pick up she's stolen your MOJO.

The coils?

Make sure you don't have a loose connector at one of the coil packs. Since you are checking the plugs anyways, be sure that when you reinstall the coil packs you line up the end of the spark plug and the coil boot perfectly. Sometimes, it is easy to accidentally jam the boot off to one side of the plug. Not necessarily with this design since the body of the coil is primarily solid plastic but odd things CAN happen.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.