Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
What to put here?
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been finding these little pieces of rusted metal on the rear door sill every couple of weeks. Today I removed the rear door panels and found rusted pieces of metal along the inside bottom edge of the door. Here's a picture of what I collected from both rear doors.

I removed it with a vacuum cleaner and a strong magnet. I could not find where these pieces were coming from.

·
Bardi
1,346 Posts
The bottom of my doors where the seam sealer is, has been fixed once already. Last week I saw more bubbling :tard:. Honda did not do a good job selecting the right seem sealer, or coat the car properly. I have never seen this issue in any Honda car until now. It has happened to a few other members as well.

I live in a high salt content environment and I can see how salt can do this kind of damage, but you live in HI. It's a bit puzzling.

·
Save the manuals!
207 Posts
The bottom of my doors where the seam sealer is, has been fixed once already. Last week I saw more bubbling :tard:. Honda did not do a good job selecting the right seem sealer, or coat the car properly. I have never seen this issue in any Honda car until now. It has happened to a few other members as well.

I live in a high salt content environment and I can see how salt can do this kind of damage, but you live in HI. It's a bit puzzling.
Same here - similar climate with hard winters and liquid-salted road. My issue mostly seems to be rear passenger side door for me (at bottom seal area)- rest of car is in great shape (rust-wise). I've also owned 5+ Honda/Acura's and never had this issue ( just the dreaded rear 1/4 panel issues they had in '80s/'90s). This is my only real complaint with this car (2006) - it's been bulletproof otherwise. Maybe some day I'll be do d modding and blow the cash on buying new door panels.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
247 Posts
I noticed bubbling in the same area (rear passenger side door) this summer. I used a wire bush attachment on my drill, cleaned it, rust treated it, and painted it black...We'll see how it survives the winter.

·
Registered
179 Posts
same here passenger rear door same problem

I recently had it repaired and rust-proofed I thought it was just our car and the Canadian weather, seems that it's a common issue

To the OP, I would think the bottom window seal might be the area of concern, was water might be sitting inside the door frame and rusting from the inside-out.

You might want to spray "used" oil into the inside frame of the door but at this point it might be too little too late :donno:

·
What to put here?
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
same here passenger rear door same problem

I recently had it repaired and rust-proofed I thought it was just our car and the Canadian weather, seems that it's a common issue

To the OP, I would think the bottom window seal might be the area of concern, was water might be sitting inside the door frame and rusting from the inside-out.

You might want to spray "used" oil into the inside frame of the door but at this point it might be too little too late :donno:
I can't find where the rust pieces are coming from. Everything else inside the door looks okay without any rust. I'm wondering if they drilled the door panel and left the shavings inside the door?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts