Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found tiny spots of rust on Acura TSX less than 1 year old. Dealership claims these are road chips and won't do anything. There are some road chips and those are obvious. What worries me more are the spots (tiny for now) where rust is popping from under never damaged paint. Any advise where to go next?

·
Registered
188 Posts
try contacting another acura dealership and letting them look at it.. they should cover that, but you know how car lots are....they don't wanna pay for anything sometimes.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
how big are the rust spots? like the size of a * or smaller? if thats the case then i recommend clay barring the car, as there are contaminants that are stuck in the paint and causes it to oxidize.

So clay then polish then wax, that should take care of it.........but in any case, if the dealership will pay for it, of course go there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
whoa, some of them actually ate through the paint............but that was from a road chip, dont think the dealership would cover that, but the clay bar would remove the smaller ones

·
Registered
361 Posts
Clay bar is not gonna do anything. Some of the chips rust is gonna develop unless u do something about it. If theres any rust under the clear coat that is a defect Acura needs to fix for you, no question.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Clay bar is not gonna do anything. Some of the chips rust is gonna develop unless u do something about it. If theres any rust under the clear coat that is a defect Acura needs to fix for you, no question.
the clay would help, and the point is some of those rust spots are caused by rocks chipping the paint which Acura will not do anything about.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I am sorry about your car! The dealer needs to own up to the defect. There is no way in hell you should be responsible. :donno:

I think there is something about the Honda/Acura paint; A week after I got my 2010 TSX, I noticed white spots on the hood & the dealer touched it up.

·
Registered
422 Posts
sorry to say dealer will not fix spots like that. i had a spot on the roof of my car. a dude from american honda took one look, said its an "impact spot" aka rock chip and refused to cover the fix. they will ONLY cover rust from inside->out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts