Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

New member to the forum. I purchased my certified 2012 TSX in May. It was a dealer loaner so it has a few chips. I noticed that one of the chips has a small rust spot. Is this normal or should I be concerned? I have to find a product to cover/ seal it I figure.

Thanks!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I thought Acura provides 7 years unlimited miles rust warranty. Shouldn't this be covered under warranty ?

·
flashprroooooo!!!
2,660 Posts
Hi,

New member to the forum. I purchased my certified 2012 TSX in May. It was a dealer loaner so it has a few chips. I noticed that one of the chips has a small rust spot. Is this normal or should I be concerned? I have to find a product to cover/ seal it I figure.

Thanks!
full metal exposure is always a concern.

your best bet is probably trying to get an acura paint pen that has both the paint color and clearcoat to fill it in. but you'll have to try and get rid of the rust first.

this vid is a good diy of how to fill in holes. if you don't care what it looks like, just try to carefully sand the rust away and fill it with paint and then clearcoat it. if you want it to blend in, it'll take a lot more layers, sanding, and time as per the video.

Fixing Chips In A Car's Paint Is Easier And Harder Than You Think

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.