Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just noticed after washing my 2004 TSX that the lug nuts (I think that's what they are called) is rusting around the edges. Is this normal or should I be alarmed or do something about this?
Thanks

·
(: Daniel :)
3,224 Posts
Your car is like 5+ years old and so if they are the original OEM ones I would say that is probably normal, esp if you remove your rims often as it begins to wear down the coating. As long as it doesn't crumble in your hand or seem to start stripping you should be fine.

·
3,224 Posts
Oh yea, you're talking about these right?

Well those are rays but obvy you're talking about these type of things then lol

·
What to put here?
1,990 Posts
It sounds like normal wear and tear. On my old Integra this was annoying, but not enough to purchase new lug nuts.

What are our options in after market lug nuts if we keep the OEM rims? Do we need to stick to OEM lug nuts because of the special "washer" base?

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I Think So

Oh yea, you're talking about these right?

Well those are rays but obvy you're talking about these type of things then lol
Yeah those look about right but I have only seen them attached to the tires ...

I had only replaced my tires once & had them rotated twice that I can remember so I do not think that they have been removed often. I do use a brush thing that goes into the hole & cleans all around the lug nut ....

Well as long as they are not going to go bad to the point of flying off while I am on I40 then I am not going to worry about it. Right now it is just a little rust on the edge but if it starts looking like something in a junkyard then maybe I will look into replacing ...

Thanks all!

·
3,224 Posts
lol yea the only reason they would fly off is if someone didn't put them on tight enough or else your actual "lug hardware" breaks. I can't remember the word for it for some reason but the parts that the actual lugs screw onto. Just keep the lugs on there until it bothers you with the look or if you feel that they need to be changed. They just got old and wore down in general it seems.

I would hope your tires have been rotated more than that if you got it new lol but I imagine you bought it used so the owner prior to you I am sure has taken them on and off and added to the wear down.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
3,461 Posts
yea u have no worries there. all chrome products eventually rust and theres nothing wrong with them. by the time u need to worry it will be 20 years from now.

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
New

Nope, I bought the TSX new but I do not put a lot of miles on it. I only rotate my tires when I notice the front looks worse than the back ... I try to keep car maintenance simple.

Thanks all for the info ... I will drive easier knowing my tires are not about to fall off.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts