Acura TSX Forum banner

41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
, Admin, Marketplace
2,147,483,650 Posts
Yeah I keep hearing about him all over this forum but how does that work ?
Basically you send him a data log of how your current setup is running. With all your mods, then he will tweak it and send a new map back for you to down load to your car. With instructions on how he would like to see you drive your car and then you send that new data log back to him.

He will let you know how your car is running and if there is any room for improvement.

Check out his site and there is all the prices and info there :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Basically you send him a data log of how your current setup is running. With all your mods, then he will tweak it and send a new map back for you to down load to your car. With instructions on how he would like to see you drive your car and then you send that new data log back to him.

He will let you know how your car is running and if there is any room for improvement.

Check out his site and there is all the prices and info there :)
Oh okay cool definitely will do so

·
, Admin, Marketplace
2,147,483,650 Posts
Oh okay cool definitely will do so
I will either do a etune with Vit or make a trip down to his shop.

He etuned and street tuned my last super charged car and it ran great :)

·
, Admin, Marketplace
2,147,483,650 Posts
Yes his shop is but he can etune your car from anywhere :)

·
EP3>EG6>DA9>CU2
27 Posts
Hey guys! Sorry about not posting video sooner. I've been really busy the past few weeks! I ordered a Sony HDRAS100V/W because of the reviews about the great sound quality and it just came in today!!! I'm going to let the car cool down a little so you guys can hear a cold start. I should have some footage uploaded by tonight! I will keep you posted!!

·
, Admin, Marketplace
2,147,483,650 Posts
So you have the RV6 cat back exhaust on or ? I am a little confused on what you have.

·
EP3>EG6>DA9>CU2
27 Posts
It's in my sig. It's a Tsudo 60 mm catback. I bought it off of ebay for like 500

·
, Admin, Marketplace
2,147,483,650 Posts
It's in my sig. It's a Tsudo 60 mm catback. I bought it off of ebay for like 500
I read your sig, I was just confused by the title and some of the info at the beginning of the tread.

Very nice though on the exhaust set up !

·
EP3>EG6>DA9>CU2
27 Posts
I read your sig, I was just confused by the title and some of the info at the beginning of the tread.

Very nice though on the exhaust set up !
Thank you, sir! I'm just glad the outcome was better than expected! I would highly recommend this route for people who don't want to spend a bunch on an exhaust setup.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Thank you, sir! I'm just glad the outcome was better than expected! I would highly recommend this route for people who don't want to spend a bunch on an exhaust setup.
Yeah I've been eyeing this or RV6 downpipe. I like RV6 downpipe it's more of a low key upgrade and 200 less then the catback but the risk of dealing inspection or CEL error from removing the first cat. But nice score though indeed. Sounds nice.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I got impatient with waiting so I picked up the Tsudo. Video of 1st start up and rev to 4k limiter. It's a bassier tone and louder in person.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i59Cc7ZyjJ0

I went out for a quick drive and it's too droney for my liking under acceleration. Took off the test pipe for now and went back to the 2nd cat.
By far the best sound clip I've heard sounds great but droning noise would be a problem for me as well.

·
EP3>EG6>DA9>CU2
27 Posts
As far as the droning noise goes, I feel like most if not all exhausts will produce some sort of droning noise. Now I'm no expert on exhaust systems but I have owned many different cars with exhausts and they have produced a droning noise no matter what. I'm planning on a second resonator because I never wanted a loud exhaust for my car to begin with but it's expected with a full performance exhaust setup, there's just no way around it (from personal experiences). I realize I may catch some shit for saying that but if you have a solution, by all means, I'm all ears!

·
Registered
47 Posts
As far as the droning noise goes, I feel like most if not all exhausts will produce some sort of droning noise. Now I'm no expert on exhaust systems but I have owned many different cars with exhausts and they have produced a droning noise no matter what. I'm planning on a second resonator because I never wanted a loud exhaust for my car to begin with but it's expected with a full performance exhaust setup, there's just no way around it (from personal experiences). I realize I may catch some shit for saying that but if you have a solution, by all means, I'm all ears!
Your right just as long as it's not obnoxiously loud probably would get use to it. And I don't have any solutions truthfully. Just looking for something with a nice sound and realistic gains but doesn't sound like space ship under 3000 rpm.

·
FG2 to CU2
237 Posts
I was thinking about adding a resonator, but that ruins the whole point of buying an exhaust. It's more tolerable with the test pipe off for now. We'll see how long my wife and son tolerate the new noise.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I was thinking about adding a resonator, but that ruins the whole point of buying an exhaust. It's more tolerable with the test pipe off for now. We'll see how long my wife and son tolerate the new noise.
Well update us when you decide to add another one. Eventually might just decide to get custom one built it's expensive but I feel worth it and for our model solves the issue some what.

41 - 60 of 64 Posts