Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a blank OEM Accord key with the built-in remote. Any local shops to mill and cut the key? Any dealers that can program the immobilizer?

I don't want to sacrifice a stock key for this.

Thanks.

·
Royal Flush Crew
791 Posts
Check your local locksmith, mine was able to mill my key and program the built-in immobilizer for $60 in Pasadena.

·
Shouldaboughtahonda!
286 Posts
Are you using an accord key with the remote built in to the key? I wanna do that. My gf just got an 09 civic ex and I love the key for that.... Tsx key looks so dated

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Check your local locksmith, mine was able to mill my key and program the built-in immobilizer for $60 in Pasadena.
What's the name of the shop in Pasadena? Did you also use an Accord key with the built-in remote?

Thanks!

·
Royal Flush Crew
791 Posts
What's the name of the shop in Pasadena? Did you also use an Accord key with the built-in remote?

Thanks!
Dont remember, I just yelped it. Theres tons of locksmiths that program immobilizers and cut keys.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dont remember, I just yelped it. Theres tons of locksmiths that program immobilizers and cut keys.
True. But everyone I've contacted about having to also mill the key says they can't do it...and it can't be done...

I'll keep searching.

·
Royal Flush Crew
791 Posts
Marcus @ heeltoe programs and mills keys too. Try contacting him if he is still in LA

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm still looking for a place in S. Cal that can mill and cut a Honda Accord key to work with a TSX.

Tried emailing HeelToe a couple times over the past couple weeks. No response. Is he still in business? I bought a pair of brake pads from him a while back and picked up from his house. He even showed me the Accord and TL switchblade keys. Probably should've just gotten it then....

·
ridiculously good looking
646 Posts
He's still around. He recently moved (or is moving) to Oregon. It may be why there's a delay in his response.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bump on this thread as I'm still hitting dead ends on finding someone to mill the key. Let me know if there are locksmiths or machine shops that can mill an Accord key (made for laser cutting) to be used with a '06 TSX (normal key).

Thanks.

·
Royal Flush Crew
791 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Then what model year Accord key did you use that has the remote built into the key? How did HeelToe sell those keys? Did they replace the entire metal key portion or mill the blank?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just realized you never confirmed if you had an Accord key cut for your TSX. Let me know what type of key you had cut. Searching online, it seems like most people went through HeelToe or FBLUSA and I'm not sure if either is still in business.

Should I just give up on this?

·
Shouldaboughtahonda!
286 Posts
yea im trying to get a tl and accord key from marcus. i tried a used accord key and attempted to switch out the key blank, lets just say its hard to get the remote to hold the new key and close properly, nothing wanted to fit properly, it would really be worth buying these from marcus and trying to find a friend at a dealership to program it for you and hopefully cut it to a vin#

·
Royal Flush Crew
791 Posts
Our tsx uses basic key with a transponder. You can get it cut if you have a basic key. The laser key is unable to be cut and used as a basic key, the width and thickness of the laser key is completely different.

·
Shouldaboughtahonda!
286 Posts
I'm a machinist, looks like they mill the thickness down to match, the width wouldn't hurt because the way our tsx keys are stepped down.

Marcus sells both the accord smart key and tl flip keys milled. I have the Honda/acura part number for both of these, as you can buy new keys online fairly cheap. The milling is what makes these expensive, most machine shops charge more per shop hour then Marcus is selling these for.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts