Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
By Appointment Only
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody.

Just got my TSX and the time for the first wash is almost upon me. I have heard horror stories about spots on dashboards from using the wrong cleaners...so... I was just wondering if anybody knew of a safe cleaner to use to wash the interior of the TSX. I hear Maguiars products are good.

I was thinking about using Maguiars leather wipes, has anybody had any experience using this product?

Thanks.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
303 has some good stuff. I use their protectant. :thumbsup:

I need to pick up some of that cleaner to try it out :nod:

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts

·
Slickness...
971 Posts
woody said:
The 303 products look great, but does anyone know what would be best for leather and the dash?
I use Zaino's leather cleaner and conditioner. Most people swear by Lexol's products, which I think you can find in Walmart.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Cool thanks for the info. I heard that if you use armor all that you have to continue using their brand otherwise it messes things up. Myth or fact?

·
Slickness...
971 Posts
woody said:
Cool thanks for the info. I heard that if you use armor all that you have to continue using their brand otherwise it messes things up. Myth or fact?
Probaby a myth, but its best just not to use armor all in the first place :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
I was checking out the site you linked for 303, I if anyone who used this stuff before could tell me if it leaves you're dash shiny? I used to use armor all in my old car, but since i got my TSX, i like that the dash doesn't look shiny all the time, and i want something to clean and protect my dash and seats, but i don't want that shiny look...

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
RvR_TSX said:
I was checking out the site you linked for 303, I if anyone who used this stuff before could tell me if it leaves you're dash shiny? I used to use armor all in my old car, but since i got my TSX, i like that the dash doesn't look shiny all the time, and i want something to clean and protect my dash and seats, but i don't want that shiny look...
NO - not shiny, flat matte.
Gives the rather cheap plastic in the TSX a somewhat more quality look (like Euro cars)

Please do not put Armor-All on the TSX
AA = Bling bling oily for sure

As other posts above indicated, seems most people been happy with
"303 Aerospace Protectant". I am too. Just detailed my ebony interior yesterday.
It leaves the dash matte.

I like the fact that this product is water-based so I suppose not so much darn chemicals.
http://www.303products.com/main.php?infopage=protectant

I purchased in 303's e-store and the best option is :
Product #: 146
16 oz. Trigger Bottle and 1 Quart Refill of 303 Aerospace Protectant

·
3,913 Posts
I'd be hesitant to use Armor All because (at least from my understanding) it is formulated with silicones, which are what make everything shiny. Unfortunately, they also tend to dry out and when they do the plastic of your dash cracks with it. I'm not sure if Armor All has been reformulated to address this issue, but with good alternatives out there, I don't think there's very many good reasons why you would use Armor All instead of the others.

·
Registered
60 Posts
robert_tsxgeek said:
NO - not shiny, flat matte.
Gives the rather cheap plastic in the TSX a somewhat more quality look (like Euro cars)

Please do not put Armor-All on the TSX
AA = Bling bling oily for sure

As other posts above indicated, seems most people been happy with
"303 Aerospace Protectant". I am too. Just detailed my ebony interior yesterday.
It leaves the dash matte.

I like the fact that this product is water-based so I suppose not so much darn chemicals.
http://www.303products.com/main.php?infopage=protectant

I purchased in 303's e-store and the best option is :
Product #: 146
16 oz. Trigger Bottle and 1 Quart Refill of 303 Aerospace Protectant
Well put... Just remember their 303 Aerospace Protectant is JUST a protectant, you want to pick up their cleaner to remove stains and make sure u dillute it b/c it is a concentrate (the cleaner that is).

303 leaves a great matte finish and is one of the best protecting products I've found on the market. I would never use armor all products as they leave an oily finish that actually ATTRACTS dust rather than help repel it.

Look for some specials in the near future, hopefully I can set up some group buys for all the TSX Club members on products like these!

Sincerely,

George @ Detailed Image

·
Slickness...
971 Posts
bigjorge3g said:
Well put... Just remember their 303 Aerospace Protectant is JUST a protectant, you want to pick up their cleaner to remove stains and make sure u dillute it b/c it is a concentrate (the cleaner that is).

303 leaves a great matte finish and is one of the best protecting products I've found on the market. I would never use armor all products as they leave an oily finish that actually ATTRACTS dust rather than help repel it.

Look for some specials in the near future, hopefully I can set up some group buys for all the TSX Club members on products like these!

Sincerely,

George @ Detailed Image
I use 303 cleaner and protectant exclusively, so I would be down with a group buy...

·
Corrotto
87 Posts
lokman said:
I'd be hesitant to use Armor All because (at least from my understanding) it is formulated with silicones, which are what make everything shiny. Unfortunately, they also tend to dry out and when they do the plastic of your dash cracks with it. I'm not sure if Armor All has been reformulated to address this issue, but with good alternatives out there, I don't think there's very many good reasons why you would use Armor All instead of the others.
I've been using armor all in my 01 accord (leather interior, plastic trim) and it works fine. it does make the plastic look dry though after the shine goes away. its hard to explain.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Anyone tried 303 on your leather seats before? I went to their website and it says you can use it on finished leather too.. reason I ask is because the tsx seats are coated so the regular leather cleaner and conditioner will just sit on the surface and won't get absorbed in?

·
, Moderator Emeritus
9,337 Posts
has anyone used the NXT interior cleaner?

what were the results?

How long have you used it

1 - 20 of 23 Posts