Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bought my TSX a while a ago. Not even have my first maintainence done, I got hit today.

Can all the TSX owners give me a little support on reply? I don't know if I should feel angry or lucky...

The accident was like this:
At 12:30pm on a rainny day, I was driving :mardi: 40 -50km/h on a street. An acura TL ahead of me slows down and he wants to make a left turn. I slow down and stop behind the TL on the street. While watching the rear mirror, a toyota corolla which I estimate he was driving at 60km/h approach closer and closer. Then I heard a big bang on my rear. My TSX was being push forward 1 feet ahead.
Of course I then step out of my car. The wierd thing is that I really could not find any damage on the rear bumper. I did really carefully to check,and to find a scratch, but I just couldn't find any.
Then a cop came by, and the police officer told us to pull on the side to exchange insurance informations. I pull on the side, walk out of my car and talk to a witness. While I was trying to get the witness's phone number. Then, the police drove away. And the worst thing is that the corolla (which hit my rear) drove away too. Now I only have the witness's name and number. But I'm missing the corolla's informations.
I mean I follow the cop's instruction that make me didn't have a chance to write down the other party's insurance informations.
Next time, no matter how busy the street is, I won't listen to the cops anymore.

I really want to express 2 of my feelings.

1. The rear bumper did really absorb the impact big hit.

2. Pulling on the side right after an accident will give the other driver (who's 100% fault) a chance to run away.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
I even go home and wash the rear bumper to look for the hitting spot.
Just couldn't find any scratch, or dent.

How can this possible?
I am 100% sure that I heard a big bang sound from the rear, and my TSX moved
a foot forward after the accident.

Here are some evidence 1 ... 4
pic 1 no scratch

Attachments

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
I can't see any visual damage from your pictures and on such fender/bender hits ... If you can't see any damage visually, you'd be hard to replicate finding any damage underneath the bumper. I'm more than likely to say there's no real if any damage caused to your car.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Ray said:
hmm, sometimes it feels like a big hit from the inside.
agree with u......i hv a same experience as urs b4......
i was driving my 00 TL...and got hit @ the rear...but no damage @ all, but the bang are loud....... :donno:

·
Non-Registered User
1,441 Posts
thats the beauty of having USDM and not JDM bumpers, north american low city speed bumper requirement are actualy quite very high!, if you had a JDM or EDM bumper, it'd be gone.. just cuz their bumper requirments were designed for their inner city speeds which are lower.
Only down side is somtimes uglier sticking out bumpers.

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
wow this is problly one of the the weirdest threads on TSX I ever read
:eek:
It looks like there is NO contact at all !

So one of the following:
1) No impact at all
2) You kinda exaggerated about the whole thing (big bang, moved 1 foot)
3) Your TSX came with a defensive energy shield like the Starships.
4) You slipped into the "Twilight Zone"

If you were PUSHED 1 foot like you said, you must have felt a quite violent jerk.
That happened ? You should also have felt in your body (neck, push against belt)

this is weird

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I am 100% sure that big bang sound occured. I can best describe the sound as you kick the bathing tub real hard. It was because I was watching my rear mirror, I did let go the brake pedal a little bit. But the TL was still in front of me. My TSX got pushed forward a bit then I step hard on the brakes again because I didn't want to hit the TL.

After the accident, the corolla's driver and his wife walked out of their corolla too. I guess they must heard the same big bang sound. Otherwise they wouldn't bother to walk out. And I mentioned I got a witness phone number, and cops did drive by. Today Oct18th at this moment I can still get a hold with these two. But I didn't have a chance to write down the corolla's plate number. :banghead: All this because the cop said that we shouldn't exchange informations on a busy street. Then the witness and I pulled over to the side, but I gave the bad guy a chance to run away.

Sighhh, I guess the real situation was that the corolla's driver was distracted by chatting with his wife. Then, he noticed that a TSX was stopped in front of him at the very last second. Then he must have step on his brakes too, but his shitty corolla couldn't stop in such a short distance, then you know, he hit my rear bumper.

Anyway...
Thanks guys for all of your reply so far...
I do feel a little bit better after reading the replies...
You know, when I bought my TSX, it was brand new, so perfect...

·
Non-Registered User
1,441 Posts
sound more like you got pushed than hit one foot forward since you might have been light on the breaks before, i've been in worst hits in emergencies, the tsx bumper is really recilient!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts