Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Im in the market to get my first TSX and Im trying not to break the bank. I found a few used TSXs usually around 06-08 that are salvaged titles. They usually are going for like $13500-$15000 with <40k miles. They say they restored the car to working condition and everything works and no damage to transmission, engine, or frame. Any view points on going for it or just staying away? Id like to know how reliable the car is from actual users.

·
, Administrator, TOTM Coordinator
6,858 Posts
TSXs are too easy to find for a good price to settle for a salvaged one, keep searching until you find one that suits your needs and budget.

·
DESI SHER
948 Posts
i had bought a salvage car, had so MANY hidden problems. Also you don't have NO warranty from dealership. Second the car will NEVER feel the same as i would before the accident. Lastly the resell value of the car goes to shit hole. I bought a car with 17k miles for 14k sold it for 8k with 50k miles on it.. lost a lot of money ( and the car had few bolt ons and other mods) .. took me ~6 months to sell it

PS: i would NEVER buy another salvage vehicle again.. EVER lol

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
like what the others said, save yourself the headache and buy one with a clean title. If clean title cars have problems, what more for salvaged ones?

Salvage cars may have parts improperly repaired/installed, missing VIN tags/stickers, frame damage (even though the dealer says there isn't any), missing parts/bolts/screws/clips.

Friend of mine bought a salvage title car which was missing a VIN from a replaced door. Took 3 months for DMV to schedule, inspect, process, and issue a title & new VIN sticker for the door and owner had to pay $200 each way to tow the car to and from the DMV inspection site. $400 just to tow the car that was only worth $2500 was uneconomical.

And like CMEJATT said, resale value is terrible.

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Info Center / Car Care & D
5,036 Posts
So Im in the market to get my first TSX and Im trying not to break the bank. I found a few used TSXs usually around 06-08 that are salvaged titles. They usually are going for like $13500-$15000 with <40k miles. They say they restored the car to working condition and everything works and no damage to transmission, engine, or frame. Any view points on going for it or just staying away? Id like to know how reliable the car is from actual users.
Of course they would tell you that. They're trying to sell it to you, not give you advice....like we are :thumbsup:

·
WAT DO?
716 Posts
Salvage titles are a no-no, but if you look at a TSX's carfax and it has an accident reported on it (NOT SALVAGE) try and get as much information as you can. IE the area of the impact, what parts were replaced.. OEM or aftermarket.. etc.

My TSX just got in an accident, the passenger side of the car got all dented and scratched up quite badly. Both doors, rear quarter panel and front fender need to be replaced, along with a new A pillar I believe. However everything is being repaired by a reputable shop with all 100% oem Honda parts.
Having information on things like this make it a big difference.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts