Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nothing you haven't already seen dozens of times before...
Test drove early April, ordered mid May, brought home yesterday.
Well worth the wait!

Attachments

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks, does a chicken have lips? ;) :confused:

Just got the windows tinted today, pin stripe appointment on Tuesday and trying to figure out which body kit to get? On top of all that, still need to sell the old Ody to help pay for it all. Somewhere down the road, the wheels may get changed too.

Sorry for the large pic, couldn't find anyway to go back in and edit?

·
, Moderator Emeritus
454 Posts
very nice car
i like the white it's really starting to grow on me

:)
sucks that you had to wait so long but good to hear that you feel that it was all worth it!

so you went from a oddessy to a tsx?
quite a change :eek:

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
hip said:
Thanks, does a chicken have lips? ;) :confused:

Just got the windows tinted today, pin stripe appointment on Tuesday and trying to figure out which body kit to get? On top of all that, still need to sell the old Ody to help pay for it all. Somewhere down the road, the wheels may get changed too.

Sorry for the large pic, couldn't find anyway to go back in and edit?
Can you show us some pictures with the tints it must look hot!!!!

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
The Pearl White is really quite nice and I am enjoying it more each day. Not sure if its psychological , but after driving around most of today where the temp hit over 110, the car didn't feel as hot getting in and out of as our other darker Hondas did.

By the way, I know most people don't seem to use this as a yardstick for buying a car, but I always try to be sure it can handle the heat. This one realy does as the A/C is awesome, better than I expected without the rear console ducts!

The Navi is definitely a "learning curve" and takes some time to get familiar with. Now I understand why some articles ripped the TSX about being overly complex. To some extent it is, but it sure is fun and impresses everyone who sees it. :) Actually, its getting a little easier the more I use it.

Have rethought my plan on the pinstripe and decided to wait till later, after the body kit. Not sure how well it will look as the "pinstriper" I go to does it all by hand and can get really artisitic if I let him loose. He did a really great job on the Ody and our other cars. Some pix: http://www.ofoto.com/I.jsp?m=42114615403.17287476903&n=1781165554

One good thing, the wife has agreed to the wheel change, chrome or similar ;) But of course, if I want them, "you gotta sell the van first" - yes dear.

Anyway, car is incredible to drive and ride in, still getting used to clutch and making smooth transitions into 1st gear otherwise can't complain and have no regrets in getting the 6-speed.

Here is a link to the latest photos with the window tint (30% dark on the rears and 20% on the front doors - the darkest you can legally go in AZ). Spent most of yesterday detailing with clay, Zaino Z-1 and Z-2. That stuff never ceases to amaze me.

http://www.ofoto.com/I.jsp?m=42114615403.56935476903&n=776163507

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Re: Hey hip...

BenjiBoy650 said:
...Do you own or did you used to own an Odyssey EX? I'm just looking in the background of your pic and it looks surprising similar to an Odyssey pic I photochopped: http://www.angelfire.com/nb/benjiboy650/images/Odyback2.JPG

BTW cool dog in the front window of ur TSX :)
WOW, small universe :eek: Yes it's true mine is up for sale, did you own an Ody too? I had no idea it was famous? Nice job on the photochop work, and Yoda (the dog) says thanks.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I don't remember how I found your Odyssey, it was a while ago. It was one of my first photochops lol. Nope, never owned an Odyssey but thinking about getting one. Neither me or my parents can justify it though...I'm turning 16 next month and can't drive friends for 6 months even with a license. Why I want an Odyssey is beyond me....lol.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
BenjiBoy650 said:
I don't remember how I found your Odyssey, it was a while ago. It was one of my first photochops lol. Nope, never owned an Odyssey but thinking about getting one. Neither me or my parents can justify it though...I'm turning 16 next month and can't drive friends for 6 months even with a license. Why I want an Odyssey is beyond me....lol.
Actually, it is not so far fetched as you think. On the Ody Club website where I used to contribute a lot of "mods that I and others did to their vans, there were a number of "younger" owners who really "pimped" their vans and did some wild things. One guy in Hawaii, named VSPEC Ody still has his white van that he lowered and added pieces from the JDM version (LaGreat). Then there is this one in the attachment that I thought looked great!

BTW, if you know anyone who is interested, I'm selling my 99 EX that has quite a few mods (that many others have copied) and it only has less than 17,500 mies. Its parked in my garage, covered with way too many things I've added to list here. If you email me I can send a detailed list and photos. Acutally, I just completed a website with detailed step by step instructions and photos documenting all the mods. Still looking for a site to host.

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
Wow, that's one impressive minivan. I know the Ody is the one I'd get if i had to have a minvan.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts