Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Earlier I was at dinner with a friend at an Outback Steakhouse and we sat by the window. As we waited for our food we chatted and sometimes looked out the window at the cars moving along on the expressway. Then we hear a loud crash and see a car rolling three times! Many ppl in the restaurant were shocked after they heard the sound, many hurried outside to see what happened. :surprised

I see a man crawl out the back window of his Toyota Corolla. Many ppl got out their cell phones and called for emergency crews to come as did I.

After waiting 15 mins for the ambulance and firetruck to come I ran to my TSX to get my camera and took a some pictures of the car and traffic backup. There were two newschoppers flying over the scene as well.

Apparently, from what I was told an SUV cut off the Corolla and caused the driver to lose control and hit a guard rail causing him to go airborne and roll.

Shall I post the pictures or not?

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
I agree, it makes you wonder how he got along when he was younger...

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
Did they take the driver away before you were able to take pictures?
Joker - who hopes he will be ok

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
fantastic shots ... Maybe this is a get even scheme... You know you were such a good boy when you were younger now it is revenge ???

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Joker said:
Did they take the driver away before you were able to take pictures?
Joker - who hopes he will be ok
yeah, they did take him away before the pictures were taken. I don't want to take pictures of injured people.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
ouch! Hope everyone was ok...

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Nice job, AC. Including that you didn't take pictures of the guy.

Hope he's OK.

BTW......my lady, who drives a Corolla :nervous: is insisting that I point out this wasn't really a "rollover" per se. And I think she's right. (Is it right?)

Obviously it's bad and unfortunate either way when something like this happens -- but it would be a worse comment on the car if it really did have a "rollover."

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
That was after the car got knocked into the guard rail ("causing him to go airborne and roll").

Gonna check the definition of "rollover."

Larchmont, who isn't surprised that Larchmont would go and do something like that. :D

EDIT: And the answer is......looks like Joker was right. (Surprise, surprise!) :rolleyes:

It's hard to find a definition, maybe because everybody but me thinks it's obvious :D but I found this on a U.S. Army site:

....."rollovers," defined as any vehicle that did not remain upright as the result of an accident

I guess they're saying a rollover is an accident in which a car rolls over. :D

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
larchmont said:
BTW......my lady, who drives a Corolla :nervous: is insisting that I point out this wasn't really a "rollover" per se. And I think she's right. (Is it right?)

Obviously it's bad and unfortunate either way when something like this happens -- but it would be a worse comment on the car if it really did have a "rollover."
Um...the car did roll..over...

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
Joker said:
:nod:

Joker - who is wondering why everywhere CJ goes, there are car crashes :confused:
:lol:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts