Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know it sounds weird but i was wondering what kind of mpg every one was getting with their supercharger or turbo.

·
Clutch Dump of Death!!!
830 Posts
Not near as many turbo TSX's on here as SC TSX's. Use search to find the turbo guys (at least those are still around) and SC guys as well then try to pm them if you are looking for real input. GL

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I haven't noticed a dramatic decrease with the comptech supercharger. I typically get 600km per tank.... I am on track for close to that with the supercharger as well. But I expect at least a 10% decrease.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Same here I get 600km (i think it's 28mpg) per tank and thats with punching it a couple of times a day.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Lol guys 600 km , seems that dont know a lot bout hard punching ) I have not more 450 km per tank on my NA and everyone in my city is scared when see me in his mirror )

·
TSX of the Month Winner
1,768 Posts
SC is close to stock depending on how you drive. Turbo in the city get terrible mpg and turbo on the highway its the best either. I have had both. if you are going to make your decision based on mpg i would look into both of your options alittle more.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i would be driving normal ( never going above 3500 rpms) so with a sc it would be pretty close to stock? like 1 or 2 mpg less?

·
I love my CL9!
4,068 Posts
What a second. Why do you want a supercharger or turbo if you're never going above 3500 rpms? With a stock CT supercharger, VTEC doesn't even kick in until 3000 rpm.

·
Registered
220 Posts
x1

Sounds like a bit more research/thought is in order for the OP.

My S/C gas mileage did not decrease that much. It does when you cane it but that's to be expected. On a 4 hour road trip I averaged maybe 30.5 to 31 at about 70ish with 4 passengers. Around town I stopped computing it because the drop-off was not horrendous like I originally thought it would be.

·
trespassing Jeep owner
2,731 Posts
If you're planning to boost your vehicle and gas mileage is a concern for you, you're doing it wrong. Not that adding boost is necessarily going to tank your mpg, but if it's something you'r really worried about, you probably can't afford it.

·
Registered
123 Posts
If you get it properly tuned, the MPG should increase if you lay off the boost. Hondas run rich from the factory. But then what's the point of boosting your car?

I had a boosted 95, fully built LS integra. The trip back from the dyno was all highway so we cruised the whole way. 325 whp equated into over 40 mpg.

With that said....once i got it home and got used to the power, I got on it more, which mean my MPG went back down to around stock - 30 mpg.

If I railed on it for a whole tank, that number dipped to around 20.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have and accord with Kpro. When I was NA I would get 32mpg driving 95% Highway. After I got SCed I got about 34mpg average in the same situation. I changed some of the settings of the tune to help out in daily driving and I got 35.5mpg. It depends on the tune if you are going to have kpro. I cant comment on the reflash or full city driving tho.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks for the info. thats what i was curious about, to see if mpg would get better because you make so much more torque the car doesnt have to work as hard to get you to speed. i understand driving aggressively changes all that. i was just wanting some more low end grunt, from what ive seen basic modes do a little but no alot for low end power( 0-3500k) so i am looking for an alternative.

Let me know if you have had some good low end gains.

·
porkchop
1,390 Posts
i get about 36 highway and when it is all city i get betwean 19-26 depending on my mood. I am supercharged.

·
Registered
48 Posts
i know I'm new to this forum, but cost vs gain in relation to hp with the tsx isn't the best. I mean, a s/c kit runs like $4k lol without any of the regular bolt-ons or K-Pro. Keep her clean and save your gas mileage and get a toy for hp :tu2: just my .02 lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts