Acura TSX Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
I know this guy has good reputation here, as i saw some good comments in reviews but unfortunatley, i guess when he saw a chance of scamming someone for $300 USD, showed his true side. Feel free to read the rest to get the full story of what happened.

So from the beginning, he posted the grill the week of may 20th, and the moderators locked it after a couple of days, which was right after i sent him a pm regarding it. I asked him if he was flexible on the price of 350 he said no so i left it at that. After about a week he sends me a pm asking if i was still interested. I gave him my number. So we exchanged some text messages, and he agreed to the price of $300 for grill with rad cover shipped to toronto.

When he gave me his paypal info, he kept telling me to send it as a gift, since paypal would charge him some fee, which I did. The money i ended up sending was $320 CDN due to the exchange rate at that time. So after the money was transferred, I sent him a message and get a reply " I will not be shipping anything, since i got $288 US." After his whinning about $12, i sent him another paypal of $12. He ships it the next day on a friday, and instead of providing me with a tracking number which he promised earlier, he said it was costing too much and that he sent it express. He sent me picture of a receipt and said i should have it by next wednesday.
I received it on Friday morning, and the custom wanted another $60 CDN for them to release this. At that time I contacted him since he said he filled a custom form at the post office before shipping. We agreed that I should refuse to accept and that postoffice would return it to him and he would return my money through paypal.
After this point, it was one excuse after the other. First he said his credit card was not linked with paypal and his debit takes four business days to transfer money to paypal. So i gave him a week, and when i contacted him again, he said now i have to wait till he gets the grill back, and thats when i get the money. So i gave him that too. After exactly a week from that on Friday, I contacted him thinking it took a week for it to get to me, should be same, he said he called postoffice and they said it is still sitting in toronto for some reason. I really was going to lose it at that point but kept my cool and gave him benefit of doubt. On wednesday, I contacted USPS and acted like I was the sender since i had the custom number on the receipt he sent me. Thats when i found out, it was delivered on monday and "Sam" signed for it. (Thats his name btw).
I called him numerous times and he stopped answering my calls. He replied barely to my texts and he said he received it yesterday and that he doesnt have money. He used it for something important and that i need to wait until he finds a buyer. I searched on tsxclub and he added his item to another thread of his, with the title of selling his flashpro.
He said he has a buyer. I decided to wait again before coming on tsxclub since he had good reviews and i have never done this before. So didnt wana give him bad name. After 2 days that thread was locked. Asked him why, he said he doesnt know either.
So after all this wait i lost patience, and since some of my friends were getting together in Jersey City. I told him that i will come on the July 1st weekend and just pick up the grill and rad cover from him if he doesnt have money. He agreed to that. I tried calling him atleast 7 times before i left on friday asking him when to meet up and where on saturday. No answer. I got there at Parsipanny, contacted him on Sat, Sunday, Monday, No answer, no replies to any texts.
So I just got back. Basically the reason for the trip was mainly to get my stuff back. He ruined it for me and I havent even got a courtesy message from this guy as to what happened. Looking at his tsxcclub profile, he is active with last login recently. If he has time to surf on this, atleast he should reply to me.
I really dont know what to do at this point and i know it is a really long message, apologize for that but wanted to give you all the full picture. And i swear none of this is made up or over exagerrated. I can provide proof for all text messages, receipts, pics of hotel and my trip and everything else thats needed. Even the pms. I know i have less post count than him and dont really know many here but I have never scammed anyone, and expected the same in return. But i guess, for some people its not the same...

·
VBP CREW
232 Posts
what an asshole... sorry to hear about this man. hopefully he will man up and come true on his part of the bargain

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Live life supercharged!
598 Posts
If you paypal'd him with your credit card instead of money from an account, then you have some leverage. Call the credit card company and file a claim. Then the case becomes criminal and they will hound him for you. Otherwise, you are at his mercy because it becomes an internet cash deal.

Good luck. Keep us posted

·
I </3 NY ROADS
4,046 Posts
This is not how you do business!!! Goddammit!! Tired of these fools giving us NYC/Queens peeps a bad rep :squint:

It's always a bad sign when you see these couple month high budget builds then immediate partouts. Usually money problems...

·
Registered
552 Posts
If you paypal'd him with your credit card instead of money from an account, then you have some leverage. Call the credit card company and file a claim. Then the case becomes criminal and they will hound him for you. Otherwise, you are at his mercy because it becomes an internet cash deal.

Good luck. Keep us posted
+1

Do this and attempt to do a charge back. Even if you used a bank transfer, you should be able to get into contact with your bank and file a claim as well.

Also, this thread should be in the classifieds. I think you can open a dispute there

·
Live life supercharged!
598 Posts
+1
Even if you used a bank transfer, you should be able to get into contact with your bank and file a claim as well.
You would think this could be an option but I dont think it is. I remember a while back I wanted to purchase a very expensive mounted animal from a guy who lived in another state. He demanded check as the only form of payment. Before I sent it out, I went to my bank and asked if there was any kind of security option they could provide. They said no. There job is to protect your money while it is sitting in the account and to secure the transaction. After the money has been transferred to the party you requested, it is out of their hands. Kind of sucks you would think they would have your back but I was kind of disappointed when I heard this.

·
, Regional Meet Leader, San Diego,CA
1,965 Posts
sorry to hear about your situation, but just out of curiosity, if you were in new jersey then why not just stop by his address (assuming you did have it)? I would've contacted local authorities and showed up at his doorstep demanding the money back or the grill

·
" It Is What It Is "
7,490 Posts
I'm from jersey city I can pay dude a visit if u like? It's a small world lol

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Marketplace
5,412 Posts
incrediblehulkc logged in today at 9am so we'll see what his side of the story is. Until then, lets not jump to any conclusions.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks all for the feedback on this. Good thing, I did use credit card linked with paypal, so i will be calling credit card company as soon as i am done work today.
And for the address, lol I wish I had it, thats one thing i really kept regretting the whole way back. I was not home when the postman brought it, my brother didnt get a chance to read it since the postman didnt even let him touch the box before paying the fee.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
incrediblehulkc logged in today at 9am so we'll see what his side of the story is. Until then, lets not jump to any conclusions.
I am really eager to see what he is gona have to say about this whole thing. Cant wait for his reply. Since its been some time i heard one of his bs...

Like i said i can post up every single text message that was sent and it will be clearcut but that is some work. So if need be, I shall!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey I'm from jersey city NJ.... I can pay him a visit and send you the stuff you need? Let me know...
Thanks a lot bro, guess the reason he chose me out of all his partout buyers was because he saw i was sitting all the way in toronto.

·
2004 TSX & 2007 R1
148 Posts
man i was asking about his fogs too... glad i backed out... only $40 but still would have went crazy waiting... some ppl just don't understand how to man up or apologize... i have a similar incident with another member after they wrote the wrong zip code on my shipping which delayed my package one week after shipping the items 1.5wks later than stated...

im just glad i finally got the part... gluck and call your CC company they will take care of you and you can always dispute on PP but it being a gift will be harder but you can do it...

·
Un-Civil Engineer
2,205 Posts
I hope this all works out for you!

If the guy doesn't respond, I think we need to start digging up info on the theif. Maybe he hasn't read the other scammer threads?

1 - 20 of 117 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.