Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Pretty well done, and quite favorable to the car.

Bottom-line-wise, though, it's not as favorable as it seems, because ultimately he says he'd pay $16.5K for it but not $18K -- and, regardless of MSRP (which, as we gather from this write-up, isn't known yet), my guess is that the "real world" price to get a tC will be 18K or more.

And it's not that well done either, IMO, because although he did drive the car (both manual and automatic), you'd hardly know it. He says very little about driving impressions, and nothing about it that's particularly informative.

Unless I missed something, he doesn't mention anything about the premium package that includes an extra 40 hp as well as various other goodies that I've forgotten -- doesn't even mention that it will be available.

What he says of the interior is similar to what many reviewers said about the TSX, that it's far superior to what you'd expect in a car of its price.

I agree with him that the decision to create a new line ("Scion") seems questionable. But, as he says, they probably know better than we do.

BTW....what does "wheelbase" have to do with interior leg room? I didn't think the size of the cabin had anything particularly to do with wheelbase; I thought it was just the overall size of the car plus other factors having nothing to do with wheelbase.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Interior space is dictated by wheelbase. Think about 1970's American cars. Big outside, small inside. Trunks were huge because they hung off the back of the car. Interior space was the major impetus for FWD. Designers did not have to consider the transmission and drive shaft running through the interior; think about the flat floor in the rear seating area of a modern FWD car such as TSX, Accord, Civic.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.