Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The carport at my parent's house has a concrete wall that runs along the left side of the driveway, then the ports on the right. So to back out, you have to make multiple point turns with your rear to the wall and inch your way around. Anyway, despite navigating this hellhole for years, I managed to back up a little too much today and scratched the corner of my rear bumper. There are not dents, just scratches. Recall the wall is concrete so it is like really rough sandpaper. The scratches are not on the paint only or else I'd buff it out. They are deep, like it peeled off plastic and there are those little frizzles of peeled plastic.

There are 4-5 individual scratches but they can basically be considered one "patch" since it all happened at once. They are in an area around 5 inches by 3 inches.

I don't know anything about body work so can anyone explain my choices about how I would go about fixing this. What should I expect to get done and how much should I expect it to cost? I need to know so I don't get sold on something unecessary and expensive at the body shop.

And feel free to list replacing the entire bumper if you have information on where I can get one, price, and if that's a logical choice.

Thanks for all your help. :(

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
Well Be able to tell you more if you can post some pictures

More then likely youll need to respray the rear bumper at least, Honda paints pritty weak, so It usually needs alot of repair, and unfortinutly the TSX has the most costly repair in its class in a low speed collision.... Id say your probibly looking around 300$... I can give u a better estimate if you post some pictures

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
ouch sorry to hear that.

Full rear bumper repaint is about $450 ~ 500

Here is the info body shops and insurance adjusters use:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's almost midnight here. I will post pictures tomorrow, promise. I'll have to clean off that area too so you guys don't mistaken dirt for damage.

Anyway, aren't replacement bumpers like $180? Why is this going to cost so much? Also, is this my only solution? They can't sand it smooth and paint it or something?

And thanks for posting that scan! I didn't know sheets like that existed.

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
sygyzy said:
It's almost midnight here. I will post pictures tomorrow, promise. I'll have to clean off that area too so you guys don't mistaken dirt for damage.

Anyway, aren't replacement bumpers like $180? Why is this going to cost so much? Also, is this my only solution? They can't sand it smooth and paint it or something?

And thanks for posting that scan! I didn't know sheets like that existed.
$180 for new rear bumper ? you sure ?

Price listed by this dealer is $266 UNPAINTED.

I got quoted $480 for full REPAINT, not replacement.

Partial repaint is of course cheaper. But whether it will blend in is another question.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.