Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was just wondering if anyone has found a way to take out the seatbelt alert.. or if i take out a fuse will i lose anything else.. thanks..

·
That's Doctor
231 Posts
There is a way to deactivate the warning. Just before you start to drive, put on your seat belt. You'll never see the warning after that.

Also, there are ways to deactivate nuclear core temperature sensors but doing so would be ill advised considering its very existence is for safe operation. The same reason why there is a seat belt sensor; for safe operation.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
There is a way to deactivate the warning. Just before you start to drive, put on your seat belt. You'll never see the warning after that.

Also, there are ways to deactivate nuclear core temperature sensors but doing so would be ill advised considering its very existence is for safe operation. The same reason why there is a seat belt sensor; for safe operation.
well said. I agree 100%.

If OP really wants to cruise around without a seatbelt despite all the warnings/legalities, you can try sticking something (a coin?) into the seat belt buckle to fool it into thinking it's buckled. This may render the buckle useless permanently though. I do not suggest doing this at all but I know someone who had done it a long time ago and it disabled the beep. I found it stupid as hell b/c it's a permanent action.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well yall made it seem like i was in "f" idiot for asking the question.. i dont want to perm disable i thank you for that idea tho.. my seat belt has saved my life before so i know first hand that u need them.. throwing it out there to see if anyone had any ideas.

·
Slow but turns
2,961 Posts
alright imma be serious this time, the only other way i know is to disconnect the wire harness from the seat, your airbags will not work but you will no longer get that annoying beep as well.

but in the end, man up and tell that freaking annoying passenger to put on his seatbelt! the cops can give you "The Driver" a ticket for a passenger who does not have seatbelt on, so either your passenger f*cks you over, or you force him out of your car if he does not want to do what you tell him to do..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts