Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so ok im starting not to like the oem seats on my 07 tsx any body have any ideas on which after market seats are comfortable and look good and also nothing to expensive

·
Slow but turns
2,961 Posts
your airbag will no longer work if you take out the seats, try to find a way to trick the system so that they work all the time and share it to us. otherwise, take out your airbags while youre at it. as far as aftermarket seat goes, its all in your taste. i prefer the newer FD2 honda civic Type R seats

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Anyone know if you can swap in some rsx-s seats? there sportier, still leather, I think heated.

·
MH-53e Driver
159 Posts
Anyone know if you can swap in some rsx-s seats? there sportier, still leather, I think heated.
Not heated. Ive heard mixed reports about them being bolt in. People have hypothesized that theyre bolt in's without giving you any lights, but I have my doubts.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I don't know about the OP but I would gladly trade semi-uncomfortable, non-bolstered seats (I've owned a RSX-S, S2000 and a track-day Integra with Sparcos)... for a SRS system like I have in the TSX.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Not heated. Ive heard mixed reports about them being bolt in. People have hypothesized that theyre bolt in's without giving you any lights, but I have my doubts.
I did a quick google search and I found that the Canadian Rsx/Rsx-s had a winter package option with heated mirrors and seats. I wonder if the harness match up?

·
Slow but turns
2,961 Posts
I did a quick google search and I found that the Canadian Rsx/Rsx-s had a winter package option with heated mirrors and seats. I wonder if the harness match up?
i got a USDM base RSX, i wonder if it has any harnesses?? the TSX has 3 harness wires, but the question is, how lighter are the RSX seats if they do come with 3 harnesses and is the price worth it??

·
IfSparksDunFlyThenUr2HigH
559 Posts
im looking in aftermarket too, i notice my seat heats up when i drive hard. anybody else get this?

·
Registered
63 Posts
id say just jdm cl1 or cl7 recaros...

i have tan interior (hate it but didnt have a choice).. but the cl1's will look nice sine it has the yellowish mesh in the middle. with black suede. so ima go cl1... could care less if i got the heater or the srs...

srs should still work everywhere else, just not the seats... im not sure if your even gonna throw a light or not if its just unplugged.

before my tsx i had a 96 gsr... swapped out the wheel for a jdm momo srs so of course no lights, also had no passanger bag... later on i pulled the srs momo for a nardi wheel. no airbags, and still wasnt throwing any lights... that was a 96 though lol

·
got some new shoes :)
3,491 Posts
swap the seats and you have NO airbags

·
ReD + Devil
352 Posts
Bumping this thread for more information!​

Will S2000 seats bolt into the Tsx? Dont care if I lose airbags, and have lights on, just want to know if they are a direct bolt in or if rails need to be swapped. Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,260 Posts
Theres a lot of controversy on whether the car will have airbags or not. I'm leaning towards the "the airbag will work side".

If you get the resistors then the airbag light will turn off and enable the airbag.

This civic STILL HAD THE AIRBAG LIGHT on and the airbag deployed.

I know a few people who crashed in aftermarket seats and airbags still deployed, but don't take my word for it.

·
Premium Member
3,260 Posts
Bumping this thread for more information!​

Will S2000 seats bolt into the Tsx? Dont care if I lose airbags, and have lights on, just want to know if they are a direct bolt in or if rails need to be swapped. Thanks
It will bolt on, but you need a custom bracket.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
1,748 Posts
Actually looking at a set of Evo 9 MR seats for my TSX. I just need to do a little research on the rails to use and what not since I've never swapped seats before.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Actually looking at a set of Evo 9 MR seats for my TSX. I just need to do a little research on the rails to use and what not since I've never swapped seats before.
You should PM member "Accord Type X" as he was running some evo 8 seats in his euro. I think he's from Germany.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
1,748 Posts
You should PM member "Accord Type X" as he was running some evo 8 seats in his euro. I think he's from Germany.
Thanks dzevo, I actually found out I just need to call Recaro and they will supply the rails I need! Will get them soon once I start interior work.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts