Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Guitar and Amp Junkie
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So....dragged the wife over the Acura dealer this morning. We drove a manual TSX, and frankly, I'm extraordinarily impressed. I liked the car the first time I drove it with the auto, but it's a different beast with the six speed.

The one word I would use: nimble.

There's no way this car is underpowered. There are faster cars, sure, but this engine is plenty strong for what I need. Now I just need to decide if I want the convenience of the auto for sitting in traffic, or the overall better performance with the stick.

BTW, the six-speed tranny -- for those of you who haven't driven the car yet -- is just spectacular. The ratios seem to be geared to get the most out of the very willing-to-rev engine, and overall feel was just so...tight.

The auto is also very good, and even with the auto it's not a slow car. But there is a lack of pull going from 1st to 2nd. I wish it was geared a little better here. Some of this can be rectified by using the short shift feature, but it's still not quite the same.

Anyway, the wife was very impressed with the car, and I'm even more impressed than I was to begin with. I may still drive a BMW 325i or even a 330, but I forsee a TSX in my future. I may have gone as far as placing a deposit today if not for the silly games the dealer was trying to play....but that's for another thread.

Ferg

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Great write-up again, Ferg. I certainly agree completely about the AT. I've never been in a MT TSX, but from all that I've gathered about it, you seem right on target. Again, nicely said. We'll look forward to your decision, even if it's one of those others.

Sorry to hear about the experience with the dealer. I can't help wondering if Acura dealers are going downhill in their treatment of customers -- maybe they're getting cocky because of the great new models? Or maybe they were never as neat as I thought they were.....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts