Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guy,

As stated in the title, I'm having trouble removing my passenger side axle. I have tried to hit it with my BFH and PB blaster but that thing just wouldn't budge. I was gonna heat the the axle up with a torch but I just don't know if torching the axle will damage the hub bearing and weaken the hub assy or not.

Any tricks or advices how to remove this axle would be greatly appreciated.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
2,363 Posts
^ from my personal experience and from readying OP, i dont think he is having trouble removing the axle nut, but rather the axle from the upright. When i did mine two months ago, i had to borrow an air hammer and compressor in order to get the axle out. i tried everything else before. Air hammer is the way to go. I dont like to heat up anything with a torch that i will be reusing back on the car.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all your replies guys. I did try to use air hammer and three jaw puller, but they couldn't break loose the axle either. As mater of fact, I broke the puller in the process of removing. At this point, I think I'm gonna have to cut the axle and take the axle with the knuckle to the shop to see if they can push the axle out with their heavy duty shop press.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.