Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Who doesn't love a Honda!
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last night, I was on the way to Target, and when I went to get out of my car and couldn't. My door didn't unlock, so I just reached over and tried to pull the lock pin up to get out. To my surprise, the pin will not budge at all. My actuator is completely seized up. I've tried hitting the switch, the keyless, and even putting the key in from outside, and no luck. All the rest work fine, except the driver front door. I'm pretty sure i'm going to have to replace the actuator. My question is how do I get my door open? Has anyone tried or know if it's possible to remove the door panel with the door closed (I know if can be done with the rear door). The part that butt's up against the side of the dash looks to be the biggest problem. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Whaattss up?
149 Posts
Try spraying lubricant inside that key hole.. And insert your key few times and spray again. Could be simply as dirt and dust inside. As for panel I'm pretty sure you need to have the door opened in order to be removed and access actuator.

·
, Moderator, Performance
2,513 Posts
Try spraying lubricant inside that key hole.. And insert your key few times and spray again. Could be simply as dirt and dust inside. As for panel I'm pretty sure you need to have the door opened in order to be removed and access actuator.
thats not gonna help:/ you gotta try and pull its up and down and hopefully itll break loose for you. thats a shitty situation to be in not gonna lie

·
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll give it a shot, can't hurt to try.

thats not gonna help:/ you gotta try and pull its up and down and hopefully itll break loose for you. thats a shitty situation to be in not gonna lie
I pulled for a good 15 minutes last night. My fingers are raw from the little nubs. I can get it to unscrew some, and have considered finding a long rod with nut on the end. maybe it'll give me a little more leverage to get the rod moving.

·
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok so miraculously, my door lock switch started working all of a sudden. So I got the door panel off and was checking things out. If I push the driver front door lock pin down, I can't pull it up manually. I can pull all the others up and down manually though. Is it just mine or is everyone's like this. Second thing is, the key will turn all the way left and right if the door is unlocked. Now if the door lock pin goes down the key will not move to the right (unlock direction). It will however move to the left (lock direction) with no issue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts