Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Acura tsx at.
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so now my 2006 has a few more issues. Steering is acting up, ac compressor bad, cv axles need replacing. It's an auto.

Question: Should I just sell the car whole or take out the healthy k24a2 for a swap into a civic and part the car out? I know/think typically I could buy a k24a2 for less than the 2-3k I can get for the whole car. Thanks for reading!

·
Registered
Stupid auto..
101 Posts
Just depends what ya want. you want a k series civic? or you like the TSX platform? Also what civic? most of the are swapable, but it can be more work depending on what type.

·
Registered
2006 Acura tsx at.
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I'd like to have an EK sedan or coupe kswapped. Figured I could get $2500-3000 for tsx idk. My budget will be 8k before selling tsx. My biggest issue other than Money would be finding someone I can trust to do the swap. Thanks for commenting. I'm an idiot.

·
Registered
2006 Acura tsx at.
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The more and more I think about all this in a logical way is to sell the tsx bc obviously get more than 500 for a running car. Get a civic and spend 4-6k to build d16 and boost all else needed and have a 500hp civic?? Make sense??

·
Registered
138 Posts
You'd need more than that for 500hp on a D16. You'd probably be better off starting with a B-series if you want to stay cheap (ie Integra or B-swapped civic)

Alternatively, you could just buy a manual TSX and do full bolt-ons. Obviously won't get you 500hp but it would sure be fun

·
Registered
2006 Acura tsx at.
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok so if I sell my tsx for 2500-3000 plus having 8k that's 10500-11k
I love the look of the tsx But want something lighter. So still not enough for a boosted 96-00 Civic. I don't want/need a race car just a pretty reliable street car.

·
Registered
138 Posts
500hp is too much for a fwd street car. 300 is about as high as you’d want to go. You can easily get 300hp in a 5th or 6th gen civic for your budget. I know those cars very well so feel free to ask any questions.

Having owned both a ‘95 civic hatch and ‘98 integra, the integra is a much better platform. Much better suspension setup and the b-series is a much better engine to build. You could build a great integra in that budget as well.

·
Registered
2006 Acura tsx at.
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I really appreciate your response. I live in South Carolina. I don't see many Integras for sale every once in a while. Also civics that are manual in good condition are rare at times. I search on forums marketplace and feel I'll have to go 300-500 miles to purchase a good platform in good shape.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I really appreciate your response. I live in South Carolina. I don't see many Integras for sale every once in a while. Also civics that are manual in good condition are rare at times. I search on forums marketplace and feel I'll have to go 300-500 miles to purchase a good platform in good shape.
It’s worth it. I went 600 miles to the west coast last summer to pick up my old Jetta. Still one of the best cars I’ve ever owned.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts