Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have general question.

I own a US TSX 09 Tech with 35K miles. I used this car in Texas for first 1.5 year (no salt and snow) I relocated from the states and car is still under local Acura warranty (which is rare). I'm planing to sell this car in GTA in the next 2-3 month. How much cheaper than Canadian model this car may costs?

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Chicago
1,706 Posts
Canadian used cars are about 5-7k more when talking about Honda/Acura....however, US used cars tend to drop in value bc there are concerns about odometer being in miles and warranty issues (your local warranty is moot and your acura warranty will still be upheld but it will depend on how much a dealer wants to hassle you), etc.

There are a couple of different routes you can take... Either register the car in Ontario in your name or transfer to a family member.
Or you can sell directly to a buyer (you will still have to pay tax)... This will require different forms and taxes to be paid. There is info on the cbp website about importing cars to Canada.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Canadian models are usually 4-5k more after all the taxes etc. Question is can a us model be legally registered in canada? Or do they have to do some sort of conversion?
Sorry I created a confusion. The car is imported legally to Canada and it is under Canadian manufacter warranty due to the fact that I was relocated by my employer. So my simple question considering above. How cheaper my us model vs canadian?

Sorry for confusion again.

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Chicago
1,706 Posts
Oh then you're ready to go.
So eg. My 06 from the US Was ~$16k, a similar 06 Canadian model was ~$20-22k at a Canadian dealer.

My friend who is a used car dealer and imports US cars will usually take off $2-3k from the Canadian price for the US vehicle. So he would sell that 06 for ~$2-3k less than $20-22.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1 - 5 of 5 Posts