Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone think that Acura will follow?

Wanna Ride in My Mercedes w/ Genuine Cloth Seats?
BERLIN (Reuters) - Mercedes-Benz has agreed to offer "leather-free" versions of all its luxury cars to pacify an animal rights group that says thousands of cows are slaughtered each year for leather car seats and interiors.

After complaints from the German chapter of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, DaimlerChrysler said its Mercedes subsidiary will offer fabric or synthetic leather as options. Daimler spokeswoman Ursula Mertzig-Stein said that far from wanting leather-free cars, "our customers ... are more likely to want even more leather at the premium end. But we'll make cars without leather on demand."

PETA officials, who had threatened protests at the carmaker's Stuttgart headquarters, said they were delighted.

"When you consider that the skins of four to 15 cows are needed for each car this means thousands of cows will be spared," said PETA researcher Edmund Haferbeck. "This is a huge victory for animal rights."

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
I actually wouldn't mind cloth seats on my TSX... Some nice Recaro's would work just fine :)

·
Registered
634 Posts
Ohhh, puhlease. I actually feel better knowing that more of the cow is get used than just the steaks. These are the same people who probably think that Native Americans are wonderful for using every scrap of the animal, but when rich white guys do it it's somehow wrong. Leather seating is just fine.

·
BUM
1,242 Posts
yea that is funny. cow's aren't killed just for their skins. if the skins aren't used, people will still want the steaks...doesn't make sense...but then again why would these liberal peta moron's ever put a human's life before a cows?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts