Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
8,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I decided to take my car in today to get my brakes checked...again. I talked with the same service guy who took care of me last time and he decided to have a tech guy in the car while I drive. We noticed it twice, but not as noticeable as before. Basically the guy threw out the idea of something wrong with my brakes and said it was the torque of the car when slowing down...then said it was the transmission downshifting...but it downshifts multiple times and in a rhythm?

So we take it back and the tech decided to take a go for himself and came back with the same conclusion, transmission downshifting. At this point, I mentioned the groove on my rotor and he said that was at the end of where the brake pad comes into contact with the rotor...but only notice it on one rotor? I'll give him the benefit of a doubt here. So he pulls in a loaner TSX and we go for a drive in that. I can defiantely feel a difference between that and my car. Their car just had 1k less miles than my car and the I did not notice it doing what my car was doing when braking. In fact, the car felt more solid than mine.

So at the point, he told me I could leave the car here overnight and they can inspect my brakes and suspension the next morning. I agree...but I need a loaner. He won't give me one of theirs because I'm not 25, which I can understand. So they will pay for a rental for me, IF they find a problem with my brakes. If not, I'll have to eat the cost of the rental...because they can't write it off as a warrantee repair. At this point, I'm just furious..but keeping calm. But while on the drive with the tech, I told him about a rattle I have by my moonroof visor and he did notice it too. So I told the service guy to fix that under warrantee and he said he'll write the rental under that. Oh and the tech guy said he just noticed the rattle once and that was it...even though it was chattering everytime I hit a bump...Fawkers!! :mad:

On my drive home tonight, it was quiet, no rattling behind by the moonroof, no braking with a warpage feel...then I realized I was driving a rental. I bet nothing will be accomplished by them tomorrow...:(
 

·
, Administrator Emeritus
Joined
·
10,660 Posts
I can definitely say I know how you feel.
In my recent experiences with my TL, it seemed like I was almost at the service dept on a daily basis.
It's like pulling teeth! :mad:
Try to remain optimistic, and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you :)
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
5,757 Posts
The Acura dealer did this to me too last summer. I took my TSX to the dealer a number of times to get the A/C, non-working center console clock, rattling, rear passenger left side window fixed (wouldn't go back up once its down) and power drivers seat fixed. They never gave me a loaner for these and the car was kept at the dealer for 2 days.

Then in September when I took my car in for 5k mile service I got a old '03 Aegean Blue TL as a loaner, which wasn't bad, but its been really abused and felt like it was falling apart. managed to get the car cuz I had dropped it off in the morning and wanted to pick it up in the afternoon. I told them I didn't want to use their courtesy shuttle cuz I didn't trust them finding out where I worked and such.

Then in February, I took my TSX in again for a loud knocking noise when I turned my steering wheel. I didn't get a loaner and they kept my TSX for 6 days!:mad:

My relationship with the dealer has been mixed.
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
8,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow, that sucked. Which dealer was yours? If you don't mind me asking.
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
8,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Joker said:
I can definitely say I know how you feel.
In my recent experiences with my TL, it seemed like I was almost at the service dept on a daily basis.
It's like pulling teeth! :mad:
Try to remain optimistic, and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you :)
Yup...pulling teeth... I swear that tech guy was an idiot..and oblivious the whole time I was driving. If they don't find anything, I'm goign to take to a Midas or something and have them take a look and write up some kind of report... Then have a friend of mine check it out too... Somehow, I think this'll be the last Acura I'm ever going to own...unless they open up a dealership in my town...instead of me having to drive an hour there.
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
5,757 Posts
Continental Acura in Lisle

Where do you take yours, so next time I can avoid them along with the two McGrath Acura locations I already try to avoid going to.
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
8,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ooops, I forgot to mention my dealer... Mullers Woodfield Acura.
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
8,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
2004_Acura_TSX said:
Continental Acura in Lisle

Where do you take yours, so next time I can avoid them along with the two McGrath Acura locations I already try to avoid going to.
Good thing Chicagoland has alot of Acura dealerships huh?
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
5,757 Posts
TSX 'R' US said:
Ooops, I forgot to mention my dealer... Mullers Woodfield Acura.
That one is kinda far from me, but then again is the other McGrath Acura up in Glenview.

Its not a dealer I like either. Muller Acura tried to rip me off on the TSX when I was first looking at the car last May. Those bastards tried get away with marking up and selling me a TSX for $30,750 w/ spoiler, mudguards, locks, trunk tray. I was like heck no am I paying over $30k for this car! They claimed a lot of bs like license and taxes.:rolleyes:

Similar situations happened at Pauly and the two McGrath Acuras. They wanted to sell the car way above MSRP last May claiming Acura was only building 15k TSXs and they will be hard to get. What bs is that?

I ended up travelling all the way to Kansas (Superior Acura) to buy my TSX and got a way better deal than at the Chicago rip off dealers! I got my TSX for $26,500 w/ spoiler, mudguards, locks, and trunk tray. Now, the problem is Overland Park is too far to drive to get my car serviced.:(
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
8,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
2004_Acura_TSX said:
That one is kinda far from me, but then again is the other McGrath Acura up in Glenview.

Its not a dealer I like either. Muller Acura tried to rip me off on the TSX when I was first looking at the car last May. Those bastards tried get away with marking up and selling me a TSX for $30,750 w/ spoiler, mudguards, locks, trunk tray. I was like heck no am I paying over $30k for this car! They claimed a lot of bs like license and taxes.:rolleyes:

Similar situations happened at Pauly and the two McGrath Acuras. They wanted to sell the car way above MSRP last May claiming Acura was only building 15k TSXs and they will be hard to get. What bs is that?

I ended up travelling all the way to Kansas (Superior Acura) to buy my TSX and got a way better deal than at the Chicago rip off dealers! I got my TSX for $26,500 w/ spoiler, mudguards, locks, and trunk tray. Now, the problem is Overland Park is too far to drive to get my car serviced.:(
I'm assuming Overland Park is the city where Superior Acura is? That would be a hike from here. I'm actually half tempted to take mine up to Wisconsin to get mine serviced the next time.
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
5,757 Posts
TSX 'R' US said:
Good thing Chicagoland has alot of Acura dealerships huh?
yeah, but like 5 out of the 8 are pretty bad, from my experience with them. I haven't been to Joe Rizza, Pauly, and Libertyville Acura dealers cuz they are so far!

They are building a new Acura dealer closer to me in Aurora! Its fun to see the progression of the construction. Its located on Aurora Ave. down the street from Fox Valley Mall. I can't wait till it opens, then it would be closer for me.
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
8,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Forgot to add: My friend actually sorta warned me of Mullers. He got his RSX there and they tried to scam him of his RSX too. But he lived closer to the city and had Acura dealerships galore to choose from. But he still ended up getting it at Mullers, but they gave him a fuss when he wanted to use a 3rd party warrantee (something like that)
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
8,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
2004_Acura_TSX said:
yeah, but like 5 out of the 8 are pretty bad, from my experience with them. I haven't been to Joe Rizza, Pauly, and Libertyville Acura dealers cuz they are so far!

They are building a new Acura dealer closer to me in Aurora! Its fun to see the progression of the construction. Its located on Aurora Ave. down the street from Fox Valley Mall. I can't wait till it opens, then it would be closer for me.
That's actually not a bad drive for me to Aurora. I can make it an hour and 15...but 1.5 hours is a better estimate. There's no straight line to get there from here, exept for driving in a L shape :(
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
5,757 Posts
TRU, looks like Continental Acura is moving from Ogden Rd. to Aurora/Naperville.

I didn't know they were moving and I went to their website and found this out...I thought they were just building another location closer to us West burbanites. Hopefully, their service will improve.:)

Continental Acura of Naperville (new location)
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
8,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
2004_Acura_TSX said:
TRU, looks like Continental Acura is moving from Ogden Rd. to Aurora/Naperville.

I didn't know they were moving and I went to their website and found this out...I thought they were just building another location closer to us West burbanites. Hopefully, their service will improve.:)

Continental Acura of Naperville (new location)
Hmmmm....Interesting. Man, I actually wanted to move to the Naperville/Aurora area after college, but couldn't find a job.
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
5,757 Posts
Sorry for whoring up your thread and going off topic on my stealership experience and the Continental Acura construction stuff man.:)
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
8,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
2004_Acura_TSX said:
Sorry for whoring up your thread and going off topic on my stealership experience and the Continental Acura construction stuff man.:)
Nah... Feel free to post bad dealership experiences...now we know where to avoid when shopping for another Acura...if ever.
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
10,086 Posts
Until pretty recently I thought Acura service in general was great, period. But, I now realize, that was just because the place where I went for 14 years was great, and I assumed this to be the typical Acura service experience. My first Acura was the '88 Legend, which I got at Martin Acura in Manhattan, and that's where I always went for service on it, 14 years worth of it. And they were totally great, maybe mainly because the car was so great and so it was pretty easy. But I looked at it more the other way around -- I thought a big part of why the car was so great was that they were great. And they were.

Oh..... about 10 years into that, "Martin Acura" stopped existing, and in fact for a while there were NO Acura dealers or authorized service places in Manhattan. But it took me a while to realize that, because Martin HONDA did still exist, and they had been next door to Martin Acura, and they took over the space where the Acura service was. So I didn't even notice for some time that it wasn't Martin "Acura" anymore. They continued doing work on Acuras, and they still did it great. If you had a newer Acura, you probably wouldn't go there because they couldn't do warranty work, but that wasn't an issue on my '88.

When I came on these sites, I saw that people mostly had negative stories about Acura service. At first I assumed those experiences were aberrations. But then, when I started seeing some problems myself with service, plus as I saw more and more how common the negative stories were, I realized that maybe Martin Acura and Martin Honda were the aberrations.

Hey, Martin, if you can hear us -- you're OK!
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top