Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am new to the forum as you can see. Got my '05 TSX with 130k and it runs like a dream...except... when I am doing 30 mph the car shakes -only at this speed- and it doesn't matter if I am accelerating or not. I did see the sticky with the thread about vibration issues but in my case it's not when accelerating, it vibrates all the time but only at 30-31mph.

The steering wheel does not vibrate. I do have a warped rotor that will be servicing soon, but not sure if a bad rotor alone will produce teh vibration.

Any imput will be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
The rotor being warped is only going to make the car shake under braking. If its not happening while braking it sounds like you have a flat spot in a rear tire.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I doubt its a flat spot on a tire, I currently have this issue and its because the wheel weights were not placed correctly. Try getting all 4 wheels re-balanced. It should take care of your issue.
You mean, you have the vibration Not on the steering wheel?

I don't feel anything with my hands, I feel the shake and see the sun visor shaking.
The front tires were balanced when they replaced the rear ones, and I think it could be that those old tires might be a bit deformed or something

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
If you feel the shake but not in the steering wheel, it's something w the rear tires

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Even if the tires are new they could need to be road forced balanced

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
If you feel the shake but not in the steering wheel, it's something w the rear tires
Thats not necessarily true.

You mean, you have the vibration Not on the steering wheel?

I don't feel anything with my hands, I feel the shake and see the sun visor shaking.
The front tires were balanced when they replaced the rear ones, and I think it could be that those old tires might be a bit deformed or something

Check your rims, its possible one of the weights fell off. Or they did a real crappy job balancing them.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Hmmm if the car shakes and you don't feel it in the wheel, how is it not from the rear? If its strong enough to shake the car and coming from the front, your going to feel it in the wheel.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hmmm if the car shakes and you don't feel it in the wheel, how is it not from the rear? If its strong enough to shake the car and coming from the front, your going to feel it in the wheel.
Thanks for all the imput. I have two theories by now: Either the new tires on the rear develop a flat spot (they are brand new falken) or, I have doubts if they really fixed the rim they were supposed to fix...
:squint: Yesterday I drove the car for a while and after some time I realized that the shake subsided, not completely, but was less noticeable:donno:
Will have to go to Discount tire and have it checked, since they balanced it

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
Depends on where in unbalanced part sits on the wheel, if its more inboard to the hub you will get vibrations but the wheel will not shake much if at all. If its more out board in either direction that is when the wheel will begin to shake.

A flat spot in a tire will not cause a vibration at one speed only, it would be throughout the range of speeds (1-90+mph).

·
Registered
8 Posts
it has nothing to do with the tires. i install and deal with tires for my job. and i have this problem with my tsx as well. from my research it might be the inner axle joint. i would have that looked at if you still have OEM axles and they have NOT been remanufactured.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.