Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So sometimes when I'm going slightly downwards slope and brake, the car/pedal/steering wheel will start shaking pretty violently until I let go of the brakes...Is this supposed to be normal? Also I seems to be like the car is not as "smooth" when I drive in SS rather than full auto. Just wondering if that is normal also, thanks lol.:wiggle:

·
Registered
33 Posts
it could be that your discs are warped and need resurfacing. either that or get ur bushings on ur whole front end checked out, i have that problem going on but when i stop on the brakes a little harder it goes away

·
Registered
10 Posts
For the pulsating breaks, 1st gen TSX seem to wear break pads unevenly. Try replacing/bleeding breaks. If the problem isn't solved then most likely its your calipers. That is a much more expansive job to do. My TSX has the same issue but not as violent as you describe. I will be replacing pads in the spring but as for the $1200 calipers, they should be able to go to 180,000 miles before a definite replacement is needed. A slight vibration is not a real problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts