Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

just picked up a tsx few days ago. Runs great apart from the check emission system light.

Question:

Since i got it, when i would put it into gear it was very smooth, not hard to find, easy to change etc.

Since like yesterday i noticed no matter which gear, i can shift it in but its not a smooth insert? I mean i can find the gear and stick the shifter in the gear but now it feels like something in a way a bit but it still goes in.

Before, it inserted into any gear super smooth now feels like i go past something and then get it in the gear. (no issues as far as driving /changing gears though).

What could this be? Once in a while it does still go in without feeling like i went past something before going into the gear....

·
Registered
895 Posts
I think I know what your talking about, I got my fluids changed recently and my shifter feels so much smoother. Give that a try...and maybe get yourself a heavier shift knob lol :p

·
Un-Civil Engineer
2,205 Posts
My clutch has about 115k miles on it, and I experience the OP's symptoms occasionally. My shifting resistance increases as the rpms increase. How many miles/KMs are on your 2007?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
2007 120 kms just bought it last week. Runs perfect had no lights or anything. Now that ive driven a few trips toronto to detroit ive noticed a few things... Its not always but once in a while its like your going past something to get into the gear.

Not sure if its ever been changed or all original im going to call the seller right now!

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
make sure you press the clutch all the way to the floor, ik it may sounds stupid but if you get lazy on it it may cause a rough shift. but a clutch is only supposed to last about 50k on *average* so its probably time for a new one

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I made sure the clutch was floored when i was shifting all day today, and it still seems tobe there. Not Always not every gear, randomly going into 2nd or 3rd illhave this. 1,5,6 seem smooth like butter usually........ Maybe something to do with the rpms that the motors at (although if the clutch is depressed that wouldnt make sense ??)

I may look into a tranny fluid change, whats the recommended on it?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have to agree it might tbe the clutch is going -

1 - 9 of 9 Posts