Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day y'all. Well today I had some maintenance done to my TSX. It's a '08 and a few things need to get replaced. Everything is in the rear that needs attention. Rear shocks, rear sway bar links and rear wheel bearing. Seeing how my shocks need to be replaced I was thinking of just getting the Tein Street Advance Z. I did some research and got good feedback but I wanted time get some insight from some members here on a great setup. I wanna lower it about an inch with 18's on. All advise is welcomed and thanks in advance.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm in the same situation, rear shocks have 115k and I want to lower a little and not change the ride quality too much.

A set of Konis/Bilsteins plus springs are around the same price as coilovers. ST (made by KW), Tanabe (KYB dampers), or a little more would get H&R (Bilstein dampers). Then there are the Tein SAZ which seem like a bargain at around 2/3 of the price.

A lot of people hate on Tein, and a lot of people are happy with their stuff. A lot of people hate on any coils under $2000 or whatever number they pick out of the air that day. Maybe that would apply if I was looking for track coils, but it seems like a lot of companies are making cheaper coils without all the bells and whistles for just daily street use.

I'm currently leaning towards the Tein SAZ or maybe ST.

ST probably wouldn't be a good idea since you are in Toronto, they supposedly don't have great corrosion resistance.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I'm leaning towards the SAZ as well. I'm not tracking the car. Daily driving butwoukd rather make my daily drive as comfortable as possible. So for me to spend the bank on suspensions is not a smart move for me. But if I can find a better setup that won't break the bank, I'm all ears.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts