Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
I love my CL9!
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm looking for a shop to install a new VTC actuator and intake cam. I'm looking for a decent price but more importantly, I'm looking for a shop that's done it before and knows what they're doing. If you have a recommendation, please give me the name of the shop and their number. Thanks.

·
I love my CL9!
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I've been quoted $450 - $500. I'm tempted to try this on my own because I have a set of instructions from Honda for changing the VTC, but I'm just scared I'll screw something up.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
what to do u want to change it to? i never really understood the whole VTC thing
In a nutshell, the VTC is what controls the advancement of the camshaft. By changing from one w a max of 25* to one w more degrees ofand TUNING it, it's possible to gain low end tq. Most compile this mod w a change of intake manifold.

This mod by itself is useless unless you can tune it w either FlashPro or Reflash done by a professional tuner.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
It depends on what supporting mods you add to it.

By itself, ballpark---10-8lb tq and 2-3hp.

This mod really only makes sense if your at least running a RBC manifold.

When I did my engine mods I did intake, intake manifold, and header all at the same time and I already had a custom exhaust. Then I got with VitViper for tuning on FlashPro and it is a night and day difference.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
I love my CL9!
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm going to get a shop to do it. I just don't trust myself. I'm still deciding if I should pin my VTC or not. Need to get a new OEM timing chain tensioner too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.