Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first post. I'm thinking about purchasing a TSX within a few months and generally it seems like a great car. But i want to ask the owners what's the biggest shortcoming of the TSX for everyday use.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
The torque (and horsepower) could be better.

But I don't think there's ANY big shortcoming of the TSX.

In fact, that's what makes it such a great car. Unless you're a highly demanding car-phile, the car is good in all areas.
And FWIW just about all reviewers make a big point of that.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Car and Driver 10 best 2 years in a row.
'nuff said.

:jk:
I've only test driven the TSX a few times, but power seemed more than adequate to me.

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
phycho_god said:
This is my first post. I'm thinking about purchasing a TSX within a few months and generally it seems like a great car. But i want to ask the owners what's the biggest shortcoming of the TSX for everyday use.
for EVERYDAY use ? none. Just be careful where you park....it seems to attract people to park next to it.

for straight line drag: lack a few ponies

btw welcome :wavey:

(have you met PsychDoc yet ? :D)

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
robert_tsxgeek said:
for EVERYDAY use ? none. Just be careful where you park....it seems to attract people to park next to it......
DING-MANIACS!!!! :mad:

Larchmont, who often parks WAY WAY OUT THERE >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

·
Denial: a river in Egypt
277 Posts
I would have to say the only downside to the car really.....and I'm pulling here.....is that it would have been great to have memory seats cause my wife is all legs....and I have a 30 inseam (5'9'') :rolleyes: She always moves the seat out of the way and down and I can never get it right again. Otherwise the car rocks :ben:

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
somebody said "legs" ?
pics pleeeeez :D

·
Registered
102 Posts
larchmont said:
DING-MANIACS!!!! :mad:

Larchmont, who often parks WAY WAY OUT THERE >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Ditto! I just hate when you park way in BFE and some peice of crap always seems to wanna park right next to you!! Thankfully, had the car about 5 mons. and no dings....yet anyway!

·
Denial: a river in Egypt
277 Posts
"Thankfully, had the car about 5 mons. and no dings....yet anyway!"

Oh sista,

Your getting a ding now. Bad, bad Juju :bowdown:

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Vancouver
9,175 Posts
:stupid: :sprint:

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
eek...I gotta few Dings.. :(

My only problems really are: The Weak Paint, lack of torque, no memory seats, Concle gets in the way of some other activities :naughty:

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm new on this forum. Just bought my carbon grey last week. But I gotta tell ya, it's deja vu all over again. My other car is an S2000 and for five years I've been reading about the "lack of torque" and the "poor paint". Personally, I've not been bothered by either one. So far the TSX seems just fine for torque and power. A couple more grand to redline would be nice :laugh: , but I'm really happy with it. For the money, I really can't think of a better all around package and a nice garage partner for my S2000.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have to tell you that i've had my TSX for almost a month now, and i haven't been able to find one single thing wrong with it. Except that i paid 600 bucks for the stocl foglight to be installed (parts and labor) and they don't match the damn headlights. well i'll have to get a kit later on to remedy this.... Oh yeah, and why did i have to buy a $30 cargo net for the trunk. I'd figure since this is one of those High end cars, it would have came with one.

oh yeah, and I'm feeling you guys on the parking situation. I'm already paranoid enough about where i park, Good thing we are all meanie's down here in Miami, it's common for people to take up 2 spaces in a diagonal.... HA HA HA!

Hint: park like this => |\\|

·
Registered
98 Posts
The TSX is a great car for the money, but no car is perfect. Here's my list of gripes:

1) Nav system disclaimer. Takes too long to come up and makes you wait 5 more seconds to make it go away.

2) No memory seats.

3) No light sensor to control the instrument cluster / nav system brightness. The main gauges and nav screen are illegible if you turn on your headlights during daylight; you have to make a manual adjustment with an awkward instrument cluster knob to rectify the situation ... and then undo it again after you turn your lights off.

I personally think the engine power and torque delivery are amazing ... for such a tiny engine. Yeah, my wife's Northstar Caddy SRX pulls a lot harder, but you should see the gas mileage. The TSX strikes a great balance between efficiency and power for a daily driver IMO.

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
MemphisRheins said:
eek...I gotta few Dings.. :(

My only problems really are: The Weak Paint, lack of torque, no memory seats, Concle gets in the way of some other activities :naughty:
you're not too obsessed about where you park your car huh ?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts